Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Kids, Teen years...yep

Last Day Of School! Lauren is my last little one. She will be a fourth grader next year and we are still pretty much in the easiest years of raising kids stage. She is self sufficient and easy going. We have not hit the tween/teenage years yet, probably next year. She is loads of fun, and such a good helper. She is pretty much up for anything. She had a great school year and became little miss social, although that is good I want her to focus on everything going on around her. She is still in love with technology and that is my biggest battle with her. So onto one more glory year, I'm not quite sure what defines that in my mind but probably around 8-10 years old.
Little Miss Athletic

They say the teenage years are tough, and they are tougher then I thought. It is defiantly humbling and it's not just one instance of bad behavior that defines teen hood, it's just a change. A change for me this year as Drew has now entered that change along with Jaden. As a mom my role is changing which is a little scary. When is tough love good, when do they just need a hug, when are they just tired, when is it more then just a bad day? So many questions have gone through my mind this year and so many things are not black and white. It's hard to step back and let them fail as they learn consequences for actions. For instance if you stay up late on your iPad, you will be very tired the next day, or if you wait to the last minute to do your work or study it's much harder. Grades are not as easy so not studying enough will reflect that. Then we go into the wonderful age or when kids think they know so much more then you. Such a lovely time period. There is a lot of disciplining, pep talks and  counseling going on these days. I am tired but not in the young mom with small kids tired it's emotionally draining tired. I have loved every stage of parenting but they all have their highs and lows. I love when my boys come to me after I have given them advice and they see that I may know what I am talking about and say thanks mom. I love when something clicks in their hearts and they see the error in their ways. There are so many positives about this age group, they are funny. I mean really funny...I laugh a lot. I guess God knew I could not take the stress without comic relief. I have laughed more in the last year then I have ever laughed. We are all still learning together and trying to figure out life. I think as a mom we think we should know what to do and we simply don't and that is okay. Sometimes one thing will work for one kid but won't for another. Or one struggles with disrespect and the other does not. Each child feels love and needs discipline differently and that is the tricky part.  I don't want to be my kids best friend but I also don't want to be all strict all the time. I am trying to find my balance and learn new skills each day. As a mom this new terrain can be way different. At one time I was living on caffeine, chicken nuggets and knees deep in toys just trying  to survive until 6:00pm all while watching Nick Jr.  Now I am driving to many different events, not seeing the kids as much anymore, and trying to get boys to become men. I'm going to cherish each moment even the ones that I screw up because my time is going so fast.  
Drew is now taking up Skateboarding, and drawing they are becoming their own people.
Jaden is still driven academically, poor kid pushes himself but it is his passion. He loves to read, and educate himself.  He is respectful, at this point he has never talked to me disrespectfully. Shocking but that is not his personality. Now to his siblings and when he gets in one of his moods that is where we have issues.
Mr Charmer! Drew is working on every skill and he is not always happy about that. Attitude and effort go a long way and he's getting it. He has such a tender heart, I hope that never changes but that also makes it harder. We just have to stay consistent. He works so hard on the athletic field he is very much like his dad with a passion for all sports.  He recently has started drawing and I am really enjoying his love of art!


I think we are all ready to just get some sleep and relax. This summer I am going to work on reading logs, and some school work along with chores. I am way behind on making my kids do more chores. After reading some Pinterest pins of what kids need to be doing by twelve I have a ways to go. I am slowly letting go and getting serious about these kids going to the next level for themselves. It's not about me, or others it's about them so they can achieve whatever dreams they have.
Oh and my last baby.. Hudson. What a cute furry muppet of a animal. He sure is adorable but when he is not counter surfing he is tearing up some beloved item of one of his family members. Not only do I have three different children with unique personalities I have a dog that is like a human. He acts out when he does not get attention!! He is actually a pretty good dog, sweet as can be. In the meantime I will be working with the dog, and getting him not to pull on the leash and not to jump. 
Wish Me Luck!!

 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...