Thursday, September 22, 2016

Table project, lamp project and new lights

I am so far behind on blogging but want to stay with it. I have tons of pictures on my computer to share memories, projects and more. Back in the spring, I saw a table on Pinterest that I loved so much. I really loved the finish and size. I happened to have a old outdoor table ready for the trash  from years ago. Sometimes things just come to me and I thought about using it as a new top and making a new table. I went to Lowe's and bought new legs, I accidentally bought ones that were to long but we were able to cut them down. Rob is really good at exact measurements. I have the ideas and he executes the plan. He says the table was not easy because it was not square. We made a apron to go under the table on four sides and added the legs.
To achieve the weathered look it was a mix of two whites. One more cream and one more white. I stained it with Weathered Oak and then added some Jacobean and wiped away.
A lot of mixing and a wet rag and I was able to achieve a similar looking table.
I changed out my light in my office and changed out my sitting room light too. With all the house work I got on a little role changing things around and getting some new things.
Found this cute little terrarium on vacation, loved the finish. 
I have had this lamp a few years, I have no idea why I bought it. It's not really my style it has that funky modern look that people were mixing with traditional styles a few years ago. I repurposed it and used my stash of oyster shells to make a whole new lamp. I just love use what I have. Right when I think I need something new I start brainstorming, I saved myself time and money looking for a new lamp. I love the colors of oyster shells.
I priced oyster shells lamps and they were not cheap. So I was thrilled to make this for nothing.
Much more to come... And pictures of my house and new floors
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...