Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My yard and nature


This summer we have had so many animals. I have seen four snakes, owls, baby bunnies, lots of birds, tons of squirrels and a turtle found down the road.
My summer wreaths

The boys found this turtle coming home from school one day. She lived in our backyard for a couple weeks and went on her way. She wasn't the friendliest of turtles but the kids loved her.
 love hydrangeas
I tried planting flowers in my pots that would last year after year. Not sure how well they will do but so far so good.
These owls were such a gift to me a couple months ago!! They just made my day, I had a total of three in one evening. I see them every week so they must live in the empty wooded lot next door. They are so beautiful!! They screech at night and make the most unique sounds. I think they love my house because I feed the squirrels. They must enjoy the plethora of squirrels as I have noticed a decline recently.
I'm so happy how my backyard is shaping up. I moved some things around and we had our back patio recovered with a rain shield roof. It's all coming around and looking as I planned.
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! We have a pair of Great Horned Owls that live back behind us in the greenbelt. I love it when I can hear them hooting to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...