Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lauren's New Room

Lauren had her second year Daddy/Daughter Dance. I picked her out a black dress that was really cute that  I bought this summer. We go to put the dress on and she says she hates the black dress!! "Mom, witches wear black!" I could not get over the horrible look on her face as she looked in the mirror. I love black but I guess it is kind of a grown up color on little girls. Thankfully we had her favorite green dress on hand and that went along with deciding she wanted to look like Princess Tiana. So on went the tiara and Tiana hair. Rob said once she got to the dance they had a fake snow machine and she left him high and dry, poor daddy.
I have had plans to paint Lauren's room for a while. I painted it almost 2 years ago a very pale pink. It never was my favorite color but I didn't want a bright pink. I don't think pale pink is much better even though I love pink. It's just not a color I like in my house and Lauren didn't like it either. I made her a mermaid above which I will post about soon and saw some prints on Pinterest from Pottery Barn that I wanted to copy. I decided with Lauren's help that Sherwin Williams Sea Salt is one of the best colors ever.
 So much brighter in a good calming happy way.
 Hello Dexter
My painting, it turned out cute!
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

3 comments:

  1. Love the Sea Salt & mermaid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog and I'm your newest follower! Your daughter is just beautiful in her dress and I love how you decorated her room. The cat makes me smile as we have one too who follows my girls everywhere. Looking forward to getting to know you better. If you have time stop by my blog and say hi :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- How funny that Lauren dumped Dad at the door. Poor dad! Her room turned out great and the pops of pink are perfect with the Sea Salt. LOVE that color, by the way. Hope you have a great week. xo Diana
    ps- If you get a chance pop by my blog and sign up for the giveaway. it's a couple days back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...