Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Catch Up Post, and Jaden's big award

 These are from a few months ago time really does go fast. We enjoyed a day in Galveston one day when we didn't have any games. It is a nice drive from where we live and I love stopping at my favorite Home Goods on the way home.
Eyes shut but cute, I made these kids get out and take a pictures in these bluebonnets
Our un-white beach the kids still love it!



bird watching and photos, I can't help myself. I also collected a bit of drift wood for my collection.
I'm so proud of Jaden. I received a phone call a few months back letting me know that he won a big award and that we needed to show up for this surprise award. This award is only given to one student in the whole school. It's The Ambassador award for a student that best represents the school in the classroom and outside the class room being a great person. The staff pics nominations and then the student is picked. We belong to a huge school district and we have tons of schools. On this side of town he won it for our 5-6th grade school. A board member and the Superintendent of all the schools the big guy came to present Jaden with the award. He did not see us in the room until he turned around, Proud moment. It was in the paper with some other kids and a huge honor for him. I also found out from Drew's teachers that Drew was also in the top four kids nominated at his school, can you imagine(: I have sweet kids. Jaden is a great kid all around!! He is wise and smart and funny, what more could I want as a mom. He is unique and special and sometimes that does make it hard to be like everyone else and fit in but that is what makes me love Jaden so much. He is who he is and that happens to be a remarkable kid that people can't help but notice.
Sweet little Lauren, found her tucked in bed like this with her favorite friends.
She is a smart little girl, all A's!!
My mom made a quick little visit to see the kids play ball which was nice of her. It's hard being so far and having her not here to see the kids in all their day to day. We had to make a stop and look at some model homes, fun times. We have so many around her it's fun to get ideas or play with the fake food.

My new love, Very Berry Hibiscus. I hope I am a little caught up with some of my pictures of what's been going around here. We are behind in our baseball tournaments due to so much rain lately but hoping to wrap it up with a big win and have a little time off in the summer.
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your son's award. Now why doesn't that surprise me in the least? Good mom and dad---good kids (usually). He is a handsome kid---ALL your kids are cute.
    Love the one of Lauren all tucked up with her little friends.
    I am so glad your mom was there for a visit. It is so much fun as a grandparent to see those special moments and those everyday ones. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS, Jaden!!!! That's HUGE!!!
    We're going to try to dodge the rain to go to Surfside Beach on Saturday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...