Friday, April 24, 2015

Bathroom/bedroom makeover in the making

I am so happy that things are moving along with my house renovations. We are hoping to be done in the next year with everything for a while. We took a break over fall and winter with big projects and now we are working on bathrooms. We are not going to re-do all the bathrooms but give them all a new spin. Our bathroom is a nice size and what we have going on is not to bad but, just not favorite. I am trying to work with it and I am happy with my outcome so far. We are still working on framing the mirror and I will be adding molding around tub and window. Before we had a aged finish going on, the cabinets were painted by the previous owner with a creamy slightly yellow stained finish. They did a really good job it just is not my style. I like a cleaner crisp look. The tile has a lot brown and gray and I needed to keep the existing oil rubbed bronze faucets because my tub and shower have the same. This was a tough one because I wanted to keep a very light granite but it had to have some variation..... After my compulsive thinking and re-checking at the granite yard it worked!!
Before:
After:
I am really pleased with how the granite turned out. I don't love busy granite but I love this granite, it's called Colonial White. I really love marble but not the upkeep so this was my second choice. I also painted my bathroom one of my favorite colors Silver Strand Sherwin Williams. I will post more pictures when I am done with the mirror.
Newly painted cabinets in my favorite White Dove, I love the white cabinets with the granite so much better then the cream. Color undertones are huge, I am still learning so much but I love paint colors they can make or break a space.
 We finally bought a king size bed. Rob and I have been married for 15 years and since then my husband has said he wanted more room. I always thought that king beds looked to big in the room but with him being over 6ft he deserved this bed. I love it!! Crazy but I love having the big bed I have no idea what I was thinking. I bought a new headboard off of Overstock and added new bedding. I used my old duvet at the bottom and I am still looking for some pillows.

I'm Still working on my lighting, and moving some pictures around but I am happy with our new bedroom/bathroom. 
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

3 comments:

  1. Katie- It looks just lovely and you were able to get a nice, fresh clean look without totally demolishing the bathroom. It looks like it is a nice size and a decent layout.

    The bedroom is serene and lovely, too! Have a wonderful weekend with your family- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh it's all looking so good! I'm quite curious to see what you do with the mirror now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...