Monday, September 8, 2014

Back into the swing of things


 It's hard to to believe that we are already into our third week of school. I am happy to say I have the parent meetings crossed off the list and the kids are on a nice schedule. Truly I thought I would have had hours to get everything done, not the case my day goes so fast. Mornings are crazy like all mom's out there I feel like I am running a very crazy but beautiful life. I wanted to share two tips that have helped me and maybe they will help you. One is I like these food dividers I think I have mentioned them before but it saves time by not having to put stuff in baggies. You do have to wash them every  day or so but in the evening I don't mind that. As you can see my children like different things and have different needs nothing is simple, ha ha.  
I love these dividers, praise Jesus on this concept that I have not utilized for many years. I did this when Jaden was a little guy and just did not do it with Drew or Lauren. We had way to many mornings of sitting on the bed for ten minutes in a trance looking at the closet not knowing what to wear. On Sunday night I quickly pack Lauren's bins for the week, it's magic. I also gave one to my fashion icon Drew who picks his own clothes and it has saved me so much STRESS!! 
Another biggie that I am so proud of the kids for is chores! I have needlessly been a martyr of our home doing all the work for to long. My children are kind and good helpers but I never kept set chores for them on a regular basis. These are not paid chores, that is another topic but things they must do to contribute. After one of my Mommy Dearest Moment...(it wasn't to bad but you know what I am talking about) of being exhausted and having them help they have stepped up. Every morning I ask if the chores are done and now I am not even having to ask. Another one of these brilliant ideas that for some reason I did not enforce which is my fault. Kids love to work, seriously they all said we like chores?? They like order and routine and who wants to live sloppy. The house has been so much cleaner it's unreal. I was doing almost all of the work and letting some of it go because I could not keep up with them throwing clothes everywhere and finding socks in every place imaginable.
I have been tying to cross off all the do's on my list the last couple weeks. One of them was painting my old dresser white for Lauren's room. I also re-painted her hutch  because it was to much of a yellow cream and white looks better with the pale pink. I have many other things to get done but the day does fly. I will post a tutorial on these easy curtains I made here soon.


 Finally I was asked by a nice fellow blogger Connie from Crafty Home Cottage to participate in a Blog Hop. Blogging is such nice way to meet like minded friends that enjoy similar interests. I love reading blogs it's like reading my favorite book or magazine. So today she featured my blog along with two others. I in return need to feature 3 blogs next Monday. If your interested let me know for sure so I can feature your blog. It's a fun way to meet new friends and gather new ideas.
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

6 comments:

  1. Wow! How organized you are:)
    I really like the bins for their weekly wardrobe.
    I did that for my mother when she lived in an assisted living.
    I had hangers with the days of the week on them.
    It was very helpful and took away her stress when she would forget what event she had going on that day.
    My daughter uses those food containers for her daughters. They keep everything so nice and nothing gets smashed in their book bags:)
    Have a great week, and take a little time for your self:)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh. I am reading your blog and I thought -she doesn't put her kids' sandwiches in plastic bags? Huh? And then as I read (and noticed) they have a whole little compartment that seals shut. COOL!!!!

    I used to do my kid's clothes for the week, too, until they got older. It saved so much time getting 4 of them off every morning.

    I am so glad you are doing the blog hop for Connie. She is such a nice gal.

    Hope you had a great day, Katie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those food savers/containers are such a great idea. I totally get what you mean about not being easy with the kids tastes being so easy.
    We usually have at least 3 grand kids here during the day-- and they all like different things. My kitchen table usually looks like a buffet at lunch time. ;)
    I saw your blog was featured at Connie's I came over to say hello, and read more about you!
    Love meeting new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy dearest moment....lol! I thought I was the only one who had those on occasion. Haha! I need to do the chores thing. I'm in the same boat with trying to do it all myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her room is immaculate! #sonotmyhouse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the sweet comments, I have had such a busy week so it's nice to see these notes. Love you all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...