Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kitchen Remodel Part One

 Here we go again. It's been very crazy. I just did a kitchen remodel a couple years ago See here and here we go again. We never thought we were going to move last time but we did (: so here we go with the next adventure which included another gut job. In the last few months I have been busy planning all of this out. It's so much to think about and to execute. Today the cabinets are being installed so that is exciting. This was a major kitchen remodel. They had to move plumbing under the foundation because there are no basements in TX. The old wall you can see in the picture used to have plumbing coming from upstairs which would not work with a open kitchen so we had to run new lines in the concrete.

 I used to have a big island peninsula that made the door where Jaden is standing very crowded. It drove me crazy because there was barely any room. The kitchen is actually a nice size but the layout of the cabinets and design were not very functional and I had barely any counter space. So the solution was to take it out and completely open the wall to make the room feel more open. I always wanted a open family room/kitchen combined. It just works so well with our family and is so comfortable.
 The tile is gone and now onto the moving of electricity and plumbing. It was so loud!!
 They had to move the plumbing form a little sink in the laundry room to the new island.
 looks like a war zone
 It looks like a new wall is going up but they had to build a temporary wall to put the beam in. The wall we took out unfortunately was load bearing so they had to do it right and make it sturdy with a beam. I can not believe how it looks now, so much brighter and more spacious. It's coming along. Stay tuned.
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

3 comments:

  1. LOL- OH MY OH MY OH MY. I so get it. Tomorrow I am posting a picture of my daughter's kitchen remodel---or at least where she is at now. You can do this, Katie! lol I know it! Can't wait to see it all done for you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Going through renovations like this is sooooooooo off my radar & out of my personal realm of vision. We've never lived one place long enough since getting married to care about investing in any changes. :-P It scares me!!! ...But it also makes me feel better to see you do it, so if our best option when we buy here next year isn't "perfect", I'll know I'm not stuck. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long time since I have been on your blog---your kids have grown so much!!! Love the kitchen too!
    Sandy Toe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...