Monday, March 24, 2014

Accessories and my sitting room

 I'm having fun decorating the new house. It's amazing how some things just don't look good in a new space or how other things just work. Lighting is so huge and scale of room. My new house has the much taller ceilings and open so things look much smaller .So I need to bring some height in and get some different size decorations.
 Love my oyster shells

 Found this pillow at Stein Mart, I could not believe it. I love it $12!!
 I am really into these glass lamps lately they are so pretty. I won this one off of a blog a while back and recently bought a small one at Target with the perfect shade of blue.
 My paint color looks great in these picture but unfortunately in real life it's pink beige. I love this heron print. I happened to be in Kirkland's it was on clearance from last summer $12!!It's huge too so it fills a wall.
Here is the back of my couch I found on Craigslist for $300. It was listed as Ballard Designs. I'm not sure if is just Ballard's fabric or a actual Ballard's couch. None the less it's so cute and a great size for a sitting room. I think it was well worth the money and it's in perfect shape.
 I almost recycled this big heavy thesaurus, after all who uses these anymore when we all just use our computers. Then I got to thinking I think it's good for my kids to know how to look stuff up and then decided to paint it. When the kids need it if ever we can pull it right of the shelf.  A little cream spray paint and glaze and now it looks great and is useful.
 It added that height I needed
 I don't have a before picture but the pantry had a cheap ball light that was so dim. I happened to hang onto this chandelier that I have moved several times through the years. In PA it was sitting in my basement. I am so glad I hung onto it, it looks great!! I painted the walls Silver Sage too.
 This buffet has moved 3x since I have owned it and I originally bought it for $20 off of craigslist years ago. It has two broken legs but it's still standing. I had it in my basement of my PA house and it was black. I custom painted it gray and white with about 3-4 different colors. Now it looks good until I find some sort of new wall unit. I like it for now, it works.

 I like this non formal space it is to the right when you walk in my front door.
 My stairs are still being worked on can't wait to share.

 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

2 comments:

  1. Katie- That is absolutely lovely! You did a wonderful job pulling the room together. I love it. That chandy is perfect in your pantry, too. I think that old buffet with the shelving unit on it gorgeous. I don't know that I would ever replace it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everything, esp. that couch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...