Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Welcome to our TX home

We finally made it after living in a hotel for 13 weeks we finally moved in a week or so ago. What a journey we have been on it really wasn't to bad just a harder transition with having the kids go to one school for a few months and then onto another school but all are doing well and love their new schools. We found a house about 15 minutes from where we originally thought we would live but it worked out really nice. We ended up getting a really big yard, it's over a acre. The house has everything we need and is the right size. It is Texas looking house to me but it's traditionally laid out in the inside and very comfortable. The neighborhood is wonderful!! It has it's own walking trails, fishing pond, playground, basketball hoops, and tennis courts.
Everyone has a nice yard, but we still have neighbors so it's a win win. We were looking at houses with very small yards and that was really tough even with having a park across the road it's not fun to live on top of each other. Across from our house is the lake with easy access to get on the walking trail.
We are going to make some changes one being that I want new front doors. I have been dreaming of the paned double doors so I have plans to have those put in. The chandelier in the dining is awesome but way to big for the room so I am going to have it rewired and moved.
 The kitchen is not horrible but needs a update. I liked the house but I was not happy with the kitchen and a few other things but for the location and backyard paradise it was worth it to us to make the changes. Most houses and even brand new houses are not usually my taste. Lots of houses in TX are very dark and Tuscan which are not my favorite styles. I like more traditional cottage looks so this is my canvas to work with. We have plans to take out this partial wall between the kitchen and family room. It makes the family room seem smaller so by opening this up it will look like one big room. I also want to to get a slide in gas range and hood. I'm not sure on how fast things will get started but hopefully soon. I have had a couple bids so we will see what the next step is.
 Here is the kitchen eat in area with view
 Formal sitting area but it will be less then formal(:
 I really like the staircase but plan on getting the carpet replaced with wood.
The backyard is what sold me, I figured the inside was cosmetic but the yard was forever. I love the pool it's amazing. I love how big it is, so many houses we looked at had small pools so this will be great for our family. We are looking forward to having lots of fun with friends, and family this summer.

 The backyard has this awesome covered area from the sun, we love this
 We bought the previous owners patio furniture it was nice stuff since we didn't really have anything.
 I can't wait to decorate this up for summer and read a book.
 This is another problem area above. The original owner had the catwalk shut because she had small children but we want to put a railing up as soon as possible. I ended up finding the original owner who built the house through a series of talking to some people in the neighborhood and it worked out really well because she had lots of information and her dad build the house which makes us believe that we have a very well built home. 
The joys of moving. As I type this with boxes and mess everywhere. This is it ….I'm not leaving TX!!
 I'm so thankful to have a huge shower and closet again. In PA I loved my house but I had no closet room or bathroom space. Now I have a huge tub again too! 
Here are some of the pictures I hope you enjoyed them, we have been so extremely busy by moving, and all that goes with that. I will have more to show soon. We have a extra big room upstairs for our media room and a extra bedroom for a art room that I am really excited about. Can't wait till some of this is underway and completed and I can enjoy our home. For now back to Motrin and my constant Coffee and Coke flow!!
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

5 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful. I can't wait to see all the befores and afters as you make it your own. I am so glad you guys found a place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I think it's already gorgeous, and I know you are going to make it SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Katie- What a gorgeous, gorgeous new home! I am so very happy for you. Your pool area is just beautiful. I am sure your family is going to love living here and I can't wait to se more pictures as you go along. GOOD CHOICE of home!!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous home! How exciting to move in and make it yours!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Katie I see I have a lot of catching up to do!! First of all, congratulations on your new home, it's gorgeous!! I hope you and your family are so happy here through the years! I'm so glad for you that you are finally in and not living out of a hotel anymore. Enjoy the process of making your house a home - I can't wait to see your style come through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...