Monday, February 10, 2014

The Best Days Of My Life


When I saw these pictures all I could think was, wow they are not little boys anymore. For years it felt like I had the little boys and now I have the big boys. Suddenly there are no more kids meals, no more Chuck E Cheese and no more cartoons):  I have boys that will be becoming teenagers before I know it. The thing that gets me is looking back at picture from last year or even 3 months ago and seeing how they are loosing that little boy look. It's happening so fast and I want to cry…..On the positive side they are entering some new phases that are lets say very funny but Farty!! Everything is farty around here, every thing that deals with a behind is funny. I have no lack of entertainment. Poor Lauren she just says "stop farting, you are gross"  Lauren is my little mama and she is good at getting these boys in line. 

 These boys are best friends but they are like night and day in so many ways but they are each others best friends.  Jaden is so smart, I can't believe this kid!! He is a pleaser and wants to always do the right thing. I could not be be more proud. He is hitting that awkward stage through where he still wants to be a silly little boy but he is also becoming a man. He is seeing how some kids struggle at home, and how people can be mean. Sometimes he has trouble fitting in but kids really must like him because he got nominated at his new school for being a positive influence and having great leadership and being a class act. The kids and teachers nominated him and he won so there that is what not fitting in is like. He acts so much older and wiser but boy does he have a silly side. He is a cluttered genius that is for sure, he is messy!! He has that kind of engineer mind that leaves a trails everywhere he goes. At the present moment he is reading about 3 books at a time. I don't know how he keeps all the stories straight. His backpack is full of crumpled up papers and notes but he is getting straight A's!!
Drew is my Ultra Jock and comedian. It never stops!! He is naturally funny and naturally athletic. He is a sweetie and a charmer and much more sensitive then Jaden. He wants to fit in and wants everyone to like him and would rather be a class clown then do his homework. He is as smart as Jaden but when asked if he likes school better or sports of course he likes sports better. We have to work with him to stay focused and do his work. Drew loves to talk to the animals and do impersonations and tell jokes and goof around. Man, this kids is going to send me to the looney bin some days it takes him three hours to get his homework done because he goofs around so much. Please God I can't handle Tommy Boy!! I am proud though that he does care for others deeply and is a sweetheart and when focused does great work and is driven. So I'm not to worried for now I laugh but he better keep those grades up. I am most proud of heart. He wants to be like Tim Tebow and help little kids and always be the kid that stands up for the ones that don't fit in or need a friend. He is very sad when kids are mean to other kids or they don't share. He is really proud of his faith in Christ.


 Baseball is already starting here. Drew had a tryout last Saturday and then they had the draft. It sounds so official for a 9 yr old but this is serious business you know they are already predicting which children are going to play in the MLB.(: He loves baseball but he also loves running around the yard and playing with the cat, and dancing. It doesn't take much to make Drew happy.

 There is my Lauren Grace, she likes to play tennis and really just likes being social. She is all about making friends with just about anyone. She loves to meet new kids. Anyplace we go she meets a new friend. People are naturally drawn to her it doesn't seem like friends will be a issue for her.
 Drew and Lauren took some tennis a few weeks ago. With the big move coming up and getting acclimated we have to take a little break but they really enjoyed it. The lessons are great and very informative they taught the kids lots of neat drills. Drew is picking right up.




 We did have a snow day here in TX a couple weeks ago. People are scared here when it gets cold and there is a possibility of ice. My kids could not believe it not one snowflake but they got a free day. Here is Lauren and her new buddy Jacob. I can thank Lauren for finding me a great new friend his mom. She is wonderful and so sweet.  Things are going to get really fun soon on this little blog. Lots in store for our family. Everything is moving so fast and the months just fly by. I don't want to take any moments for granted it's so easy to forget so much of what my children say and do in just one month. I am so thankful I have this diary so I can go back and read it and remember. I wish I could remember more. Each day is a gift with them.
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...