Monday, February 3, 2014

Model Home Tours

 Welcome to Main Street America A fake neighborhood of 12 unique houses. I have been intrigued by this place since the first time I passed it a couple months ago. We stopped in and found out it was a tour of homes for people who are interested in building, decorating or just getting ideas on furniture placement. Have you ever been to model homes and loved the furniture but wondered where they purchased it? Now you can buy it as you tour the homes. Last Friday I meet my friend Kim who has the same love of decorating as me. I will be doing a tour of her home in the near future, amazing!! You first enter this huge beautiful building where they direct you to buy a ticket into the main attraction. Once we did that they gave us a ipad that you tote with you that you can scan over a sign that tells you about each home before entering. It was pretty neat, but it was time consuming and we just really wanted to see the houses. You could even use the ipad to scan items for your personal wish list or to purchase as you leave, an interesting concept.
This was our favorite house and decorating hands down. It was the beach vacation house.


 Of course I loved the crab pillow but that was one item not for sale, figures!!
 If you liked this room you could buy the whole room down from the floors to the paint on the wall.
 Some of the choices were not my favorite but I thought it was done well.

 This natural arrangement was amazing but $450!!
 I'm really into vintage looking natural art especially with birds. I love this!
 We were being silly pretending we were eating our fake cereal. There was a very odd factor to the whole fake model home neighborhood. We felt like we were snooping around a home that the whole  perfect plastic family would just barge in at any moment think…The Three Little Bears. There is a little bit of a creepy factor to it down to the fake Food everywhere and even swimming pools that are welcoming but no one will ever enjoy. Also the fact that there is some major stealth marketing going on here. As I write this they probably have me stereotyped down to what I pick for breakfast to where I go on vacation. You are kind of like a petri dish for all the marketing going on.
 Pretty door
Really pretty outside of this Georgina Colonial. The inside did not really match the traditional southern look. I thought it would have more a southern traditional feel but it actually had more of a Texas feel if I can remember right. After you look at so many they all kind of looked a like.
 This was a different house, but I thought it was pretty. Most of the decorating items looked similar to Hobby Lobby at much higher prices and good staging.
 This was the Country French house, it was nice. I liked a lot of the design elements in this one.

 There were some oddities throughout some of the houses. Lots of dark furniture in most of them. I'm not a huge fan of Tuscan or Mediterranean Style but a lot of people must be because the majority of the houses had more of this influence which was kind of disappointing. Also each home had a distinct smell. Some I really liked but some not so much. One smelled like leather, another old man's cologne and one like  lemon Pledge.

 Love this of course
 This was very purple and Hollywood looking, but the staircase was beautiful!!
All in all it was a fun time. If your in the Houston area and want to get some decorating ideas it might be worth the trip. There is also a gourmet restaurant on the premises which was wonderful. You can even take cooking lessons. Throughout the year they decorate with the seasons which I think would be fun especially at Christmas. 
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

2 comments:

  1. Great inspiration pics, Katie :) Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely reminds me of our moms and going through the model homes one year in the OBX...they were absolutely hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...