Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

 Good evening friends. As we are in transition we had a not so traditional Christmas this year. The good news is that we were able to focus on the reason for the season and spend lots of family time. There was no big tree this year or all out decorating. I missed putting out my nativity and decking the halls, but maybe I needed a simple Christmas this year. The kids made almost all the ornaments on the tree which was pretty neat I thought. I also let them pick out a ornament of their choice for the tree. My kids love the Muppet's they are huge fans of the older movies and the newer ones, shh my boys are getting older but they love them.
 We have braved the mall quite a bit the last couple weeks. We are walking distance from lots of great stores. Lauren used her Christmas money from her grandparents in AZ to make a Build A Bear. She enjoyed it so much. They had a beautiful sequence dress but in typical Lauren sporty fashion she wanted a "Santa Girl" as she called it. "Cupcake" even smells like cupcakes and sings Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer. 
 We are staying at the Marriott until we find our home, the best thing about this place is the indoor pool which the kids love. They all love to swim so no matter what the weather they swim almost everyday. The people are so nice who work here we even have dinner downstairs at the hotel 3x a week plus housekeeping daily. The real world will be a reality for me(:
 Swimming Christmas Eve
   Here is Lauren in her cute little dress. I found it at a shop here and love it on her. She is so tall for her age. It makes it hard to find age appropriate clothes for a 6 yr old who looks to be about 8 or 9. She wore it a few times so we got some use out of it.
 We are really enjoying the weather. We had a cold snap go through a week or so ago but now it has been in the 50's and up even in the 70's. I love it. Even though the summers are going to be really hot I will take a couple months of AC and swimming over 6 months inside.
 Love this one!
 Here we are before church on Christmas Eve. We went to The Woodlands Church You may have heard of Kerry Shook he wrote the very poplar book One Month To Live which I highly recommend.  The church was awesome it was quite the production. Kerry is a great bible teacher and very humble. We liked the church a lot, it is huge though so that might take some time to get used to. They brought in real snow for the kids to play with outside after the service since snow is a rarity in TX.
 Lauren loved seeing Santa and friends
 It was snowing on stage before the service, how neat


 Our new ride…Kidding
More pictures to come, I hope and pray that our friends and family near and far are having a wonderful holiday season. 
 photo signature_zps66885a6e.png

2 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures! I love Lauren's dress!!! And I love you looking at the pluses: housekeeping & an indoor pool you don't have to maintain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! I didn't know you moved from Pittsburgh. I liked thinking we were both in Pennsylvania : ). Kaish and Bria have been begging for a pool this Christmas break. I was thinking of taking them to a hotel tonight. We will see : ).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...