Thursday, September 12, 2013

Making A Sign

 Pinterest is the best thing ever. I have gotten so many great ideas. The only problem is I  spend way to much time at night looking at stuff, and I should be sleeping. I have been seeing homemade signs all over and thought I would give it a try. I had a nice piece of salvaged wood from Jaden's old headboard so I painted it soft blue/gray, and tan. Next I printed words of one of my favorite songs.
 I read a great tutorial about putting your words on the wood and using a ballpoint pen and pushing down hard to get template. Saying all of this, it did not work!! My wood was to hard so it did not take a impression. I know there are other ways to do this but I wanted to get the project done and not buy anything else. I decided to use a Sharpie that is made with paint and write it out myself.

 Getting the spacing right was tricky and writing neat took some time. I used a ruler and divided everything up to six lines. All and all I really like it. I ordered oyster shells off of ebay a while back form California. They were already clean and non smelly, they worked out perfect.
 What do you think? After I wrote it all out, I used a block of sandpaper and weathered it up a bit. Then I placed the shells around with my wonderful glue gun.


I'm hoping to use pine board next time and the pen trick will work. That would make it easier and more fun for different fonts. I am amazed at all the talent in blogland it is so inspiring. 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...