Monday, August 12, 2013

Running The Race

 Running, it is quite symbolic in a way. You run the race of life the one God has planned for you. Not always the way we would have picked but the life that he has destined for us. I was a runner my whole life, it taught me a lot. It takes dedication and the dedications turns into endurance to finish the race. Life is like a race in the fact that you never know what is coming but you have to be ready for the race. Through the pain of training is where you get your endurance to finish and win. I never thought that God would lead me down the path of seeing one of my kids suffer with a chronic health issue. In our simple minds it is very hard to see the rewards of any sort of trials, and I don't know if I am anywhere close to that point. When most of us got married we were in the perfect moment when all was well and we didn't think about the IF part but unfortunately we will all have the IF...times. God said When we face times of trial not "maybe" or just in case. In this world each one of us has a cross to bear they all look different. Some hide better then others, some are obvious. We all have them, and God uses them to make our story. Of course we would never pick the bad parts of our story but it makes us who we are. In these valleys we have two choices to trust God and who he says He is or we can lean on our own understanding. I can promise you I have done both one with not so good results. Each morning God is the same where as we change depending on what is laid before us. He is trustworthy in His word, in our lives, and through the bad I have seen his sustaining Grace and hope.
There are days where hope is gone, I turn to myself and worry about the what ifs and the future. I also have days when I wake up and know without a shadow of a doubt that God loves me, and I am faithful to His plans. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him James 1:12
Jaden and I ran a race where we live. It has been a while since I have ran but we enjoy it and it is a good outlet for us both.  It also gives me time to pray and think. Running is cheaper then therapy and it really does clear the mind. Jaden beat me, by 40 seconds I think. I got a medal for my age group since I'm getting old. I gave it to him he deserves it much more then me. He is a good little runner. We made the paper!! My hair looks white, lol!! It's brown, so that was very odd.
 Drew has been having some inflammation in his blood work in the last month or so. He had a test a couple weeks ago and the Crohn's is spreading in other areas so we need to start a more aggressive treatment. He is getting a medicine called Remicade.  The success rate is high that it will help and we are praying it works so this little man can have a better quality of life. The disease is tricky it goes away for a while then sneaks back up with no warning. It makes him tired, crabby, and touchy. Those are signs I know he is not right, other times he is great but the blood work is not right or vise versa. It's consuming and right when you can pretend your life is back to normal and forget about the diagnosis it comes back. Drew has had a very rough 15 months, It has been hard on all of us. This new treatment would bring healing in more ways then one if it does work. Please pray for this if you have a moment, it would mean the world to us.
He gets his new treatment in a IV infusion it takes about 3-4 hrs. The hospital is wonderful, the have snacks, TV, games etc. 
 My buddy, so brave
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
We will will continue to hold onto this and know that God is in control of all things!!
I could not ask for a better son, he is one of those kids that everyone who meets him loves him. So we will continue to run the race, ready and putting all our faith in the Lord even in trials.
Heaven looks better each day and I say this not in a cynical way of thinking but I think that is truly how our Lord wants us to think as christians.
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18
I have learned through this what true joy is in this world. When you walk through deep suffering you are given a gift to know what true happiness is. I look at problems people create by arguing about things that really don't matter and I thank God that he has given me new eyes to see what is not worth time wasted. Now a smile and laughter can bring me to tears along with being with my family that I love. Thank you God for giving me the gift of knowing what truly matters in this life.

3 comments:

  1. Love to your and your family. You are such a woman of strength. We love y'all and will contine to pray for you, Drew and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your race! Beautifully put!
    And of course - I'm praying right now for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried while reading this - but smiled as I know that all of you are in God's hands, very beautifully written Katie. I can't imagine what you are going through - but, I can and have committed to praying with you on this path you are on. Precious family! xoxo from Arkansas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...