Thursday, July 25, 2013

fireplace painting and new chairs

I'm not a big fan of multi color-orangy fireplaces.  This wood burner is in our basement and I have a love hate relationship with it. I wish it was a regular fireplace but it was there so for now it is staying. I don't like the rustic look but I did try and lighten it up to make it less distracting.
AFTER:  Better? I think so..
  
I finally bought a couple of these parsons chairs that I have had my eye on for a while. I just happened to go into the furniture store and they were marked down. I love when that happens!! The best part is that covers are removable. I love lighter furniture but always worry about keeping things clean. For now I put one at my kitchen table and one in my living room.  
 I have not found any great finds for decorating lately hopefully that means I am due soon to find some neat decor. I did order two more stick on monograms like on my chair.  I love them because you can stick them on anything and make it look custom.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How did you paint the fireplace? I LOVE the new color. I am dying to paint mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love the idea of "stick on" monograms! Should I do that on my Ikea dining chair slipcovers? Hmmm maybe they won't hold up in the wash. I need to find a place for them somewhere, that is for sure! Love your new parsons chair. Hope you are having a fun summer with the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so much better. I just love how it brightens everything up and makes it look so much more connected to the room around it. GREAT job- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowza! looks amazing! you must share that technique Katie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...