Monday, June 24, 2013

Pinterest experiment And Laughter

I tried making my own laundry detergent.  I read all these links and I thought maybe there is something to this and I can buy
more of the this if I do save all this money, ha ha.  Well let me just say that not all Pinterest pins are miracles or huge money savers when you start adding stuff up. I likes the recipe above because it seemed easier since it was semi-homemade. I did not have to grate any soap or cook anything. The one I picked was easy you just take everything above and mix it together in a big bucket. 


Exibit A: First of all it was messy, not to bad but I managed to make a mess. The cost did not seem that cheap but I do think it made a stretched out Tide. This will be cheaper but not sure how much I did not do the math. If you do the grated soap recipe you will save more but it's more work. I think I spent $28 plus $8 on a big jar. So far it does work great, I would not add the Purex as I will explain below that is a waste of money so the cost would go down more. The Oxyclean is a added boost and I think it works very well. My clothes washed with no stains even better then Tide alone. 
Exibit B: Below was not for me.  I read you could make your own fabric softener for pennies. I even bought the Suave lavender conditioner for smell. All you do is add a bottle of Suave to old bottle and add vinegar.  I love vinegar for cleaning but not the smell. I like my clothes to smell clean. The Purex added to the detergent was supposed to add smell and the powder smells good but the finished folded laundry did not smell clean. 
 So I bought one of my favorite softeners and my laundry smells so good. I have been using the homemade powder with my Snuggle and so far I am happy. I guess most things your read are trial and error.  I think the Powder will last me longer then buying Tide from Sams but we will see.
My boys below sat in the kitchen and had their own fun while I attempted to make my laundry detergent.  This is probably why I spilled half of it on the counter and floor.




 My boys crack me up.  They are polite nice boys but when they get started about their fart talk it does not end...Hope you had a good laugh today. .

4 comments:

  1. I love the homemade soap and have been using it for almost 2 years. It really goes a LONG way. I mix the Purex fabric softener crystals right in with my powders and find I don't need to use extra softener. I do grate the Zote soap. You can grate a big bar with a hand grate in less than 2 minutes and I love how it cleans and smells- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol about your boys! I'm learning they're a whole different breed, but oh so fun!! And funny! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had many a Pinterest fail - maybe we should have a pinterest fail linky party!!!
    Thanks for sharing about this one - I have thought about making my own too. And definitely not going to try the vinegar fabric softener after your experience!!
    Too funny about the boys amusing themselves….my kids are vastly amused by flatulence as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...