Saturday, May 4, 2013

Homemade Terrarium

 I thought I would show this fun little activity that Jaden and I did last week. I had a few empty glass jars laying around and I asked Jaden if he wanted to make a terrarium. So we went for a walk in the woods next to our house and picked out some plants. I really don't know how to make a terrarium and I'm sure there is a correct way of doing this but this worked fine. It probably would be better to put some gravel in the bottom of the jar before your dirt for drainage. Besides the technicalities we had such a great time talking and exploring. I think most kids would love doing this and it's so easy and was free. I try and do things with each of my kids separately to give them special attention. It seems like it helps everyones behavior immensely to have one on one time.
 We pulled the little plants in the woods from the roots and put them in the dirt and added a little water. I had a few succulents so I added those to mine because they were looking kind of dry in their former pot. So far so good.  Every few days I added a tiny bit of water and add the lid, the next day I remove the lid and it seems to be working well.
 Enjoy!
I have been crazy busy the last couple weeks. I have been helping coach Lauren's t-ball team and it is enough to wear you down but it is so fun and rewarding at the same time. I also took pictures last week, and this week I had my first staging job. I loved it!! I'm enjoying doing some fun jobs on the side. I will say it is so hard to balance kids, a home, family and work. I give all working moms a lot of credit.  
Have a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Your children are so lucky to have you!! Katie you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *loved* making terrariums when I was little! :-) What a sweet memory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LILY WOULD LOVE those terrariums! I need to show her this post! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...