Wednesday, April 10, 2013

More trash to treasure

 Not very cute at first glance anyway. I found this on Craigslist for $30. I needed a new small coffee table for downstairs where we watch TV.  My new couch is really big and I didn't want a huge table so this fit perfect.  My basement is mostly classic baseball and defiantly more masculine so this looked perfect. I love the vintage metal casters, and get this it has a white marble top. I love white marble!!  Such a easy project, all I did was paint it white and clean the top real good.  This thing is so heavy and it looks really good. We have already enjoyed a family movie and pizza with it. Oh how I love finding cheap decor that is not only purposeful but decorative and great quality.
 I Found this cute bird print at Tuesday Morning.  I hope one day I can paint something like this. 
  
 This cabinet used to have doors on it but I got kind of sick of the doors. The bottom was also starting to peel.  I removed the molding on the bottom and just replaced it with a new piece. Now it is a open shelf which I like. See that candle thing on top. I absolutely love using these warmers. I use the end of all my candles, you know when the wick suddenly gets covered with wax or you have a little at the end that won't burn.  I just put it on the candle heater and turn it on.  It smells so good and I don't worry about fires when the kids are downstairs playing.  The melted wax freshener lasts forever it seems. 
 This wood thing used to be a end table that I decoupaged and stained a few years ago. The table was a $1 farm sale find that was to good to leave. I never found a place for it so I threw it in the basement with a pile of things I have no use for but for some reason can't part with. A few weeks ago I was doing some spring cleaning and though I might just donate it but then I saw my small electrical saw. Hmm...next thing I know I'm cutting the legs off.  I figured I could use the table for storage, and I love it.  It is a perfect spot for storing cards, puzzles and small trinkets for the kids to play with. I also added vintage metal label pulls.
 I'm loving my chair, I added this pillow that I already had. 

 Spring wreath, so glad spring seems to be here now. It's so nice to have nights playing outside and baseball practice in warm weather.

5 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Love everything!! Did you flip the marble over one the table? I am trying to figure out how you got the lines to disappear. Will you do a home tour for us? I love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, that is what it looks like under the marble. I guess I should have said that. When I picked it up it looked like the above though, and then he brought out the beautiful marble. Yes, I will do a home tour but it would have to be after I clean, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes because I am sure your house is filthy!!!!! Now that table was a steal!! I went to a thrift store today. You wouldn't have been impressed

      Delete
  3. You are very good at refinishing! That table looks great! Can I hire you to do some of our furniture :o) Love that pillow too; looks great on that chair! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Hope you have a great day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great table! love it, especially the marble top!! what a great find!! your house looks so pretty, i bet you are loving getting it all decorated!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...