Sunday, February 17, 2013

A new cabinet,lamp and rug oh my

I found this cute cabinet at a local thrift store it was $26.  These are my favorite kind of finds, the ones that are a great price because cosmetically someone had a idea that went way wrong. I love cabinets with glass, it's kind of like my sickness love of lamps, topiaries, shells and white dishes to name a few.  Very hard for me to pass on by and not find a place for stuff like this.
Once home I thought about stripping it and staining it dark wood but the paint was high gloss and thick so I just decided to use Bull eye primer over it and paint it cream.  I also painted the inside, and made a gray out of mixing a darker gray with my cream paint to make a custom color.
  Before
 I removed the gold knobs and filled in the spots with wood filler and then sanded.


 After
 I also found this floor lamp on clearance at Target, for only $20!!  I love Target especially when you find really cute stuff on the wonderful end caps! I saw this lamp months ago and wanted it but it was full price. Two weeks ago it was on clearance for $48 but I was in rush, then this week I saw it for $20 and that was a must have!!
 I love these rugs!  I bought this one for my entry and a couple smaller ones to put next to my doors.  They are real wool and great quality from Overstock.com.  I love great deals, who doesn't!!  It sure takes a while to find the deals but it is rewarding to find just what your looking for and it all comes together perfectly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...