Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My favorite place

Happy New Year! I am one of those weird people that likes to put all my Christmas stuff away right after Christmas.  It is not that I don't like my tree or Christmas, it's just I like to get my house back in order. It feels more empty but also less cluttered and cleaner.  You all know I am a clean freak.  I have had to let some of my clean freak go. My five minutes of the house being clean satisfaction only goes so far anymore.  With winter being here all the leaves are gone so I actually have some nice natural light to take some pictures of my happy place, my kitchen.  I have had a few requests for some more kitchen pictures, so here you go...

 My kitchen eating/dining area.  I added curtains and I love the look. 

 I know it is crazy but I have added a little gold back in my home here and there.  After I did I read something about how gold is coming back in style. I don't think I am going to gold-ify my house more then a few things here and there but I guess that is a good to go with what you like.
 I added a little chalk board above my stove in gasp..antique gold!! I like chalk boards.  
 Here is my Island (Jackie) she requested this. The back is bead board with another drawer on the other side and pull out. We had to make good use of our island, our microwave is in there too.
 Different lighting, I love having trees but it is so nice to have sunshine. Sun is hard to come by living in the Pittsburgh area this time of year.  I can't wait to blog this month.  I have some fun topics and pictures to share. 
Happy New Year, May everyone have a healthy and blessed year!

7 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home Katie! I love how you decorate. I think you are very gifted. I hope you have a wonderful new year. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pictures do not do it justice. It's a gorgeous gorgeous kitchen. And the curtains are perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE gold fan! (Not fixtures like knobs, rods, or faucets, obviously :-P, but accents & decor. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so peaceful! I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is just beautiful - so bright and gorgeous! I love the finishes and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...