Monday, October 8, 2012

This girl is amazing


I recently stumbled upon this amazing girl and started reading about everything she was doing for the less fortunate.  I am completely in aw of her and her love for God's people. It has been a humbling night for me thinking back on all my wants and needs and forgetting what this life is about. It surely is not to glorify myself. I would not call myself a selfish person but at times, yes. It is so easy to get caught up in the American culture of choices and fun that we have to stop and reflect and realize how far our consumerism has gone. How much is enough? Part of living in America is a blessing and somewhat of a curse. We rely on ourselves much more then we think and since many of us have the means to buy whatever we need to make our lives more fulfilling we rely less on God to meet our needs. Through watching her it is a joy to see the happy faces and love that this young woman has to share everything God has called her to do. She is amazing and I can't wait to read more about her journey.

2 comments:

  1. Her book is pretty incredible and challenging. I would definitely recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read her blog for years. She is inspiring. Her her book is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...