Monday, July 30, 2012

pottery barn pillows on the cheap and more part 1

 Since it is almost Aug which mean back to school time I though I better post these beach pillows. I am a lover of anything coastal. It is probably the style that comes the easiest to me and that I am drawn to. I love so many decorating styles but this by far is my top style. I like it because you can be very electric with it and incorporate other styles easily as long as you stay with similar color schemes. Vintage also goes very well with Coastal/Hampton style and I love finding "Found" decor.  Can you say Pottery Barn designer wanna be!! I love almost anything PB and to me it is Coastal Classic at it's finest.  It would all fit perfect in my Hampton home, a girl can dream, right?  
The draw back is that PB is expensive. Some of it is fair in price because the quality is great. Some of it is ridiculous like their kid's sheets that are 200 thread count no thank you. I usually always buy something when I visit.  I saw these coastal napkins for only $6.50 and thought I could use them to make pillows.  So so easy.  If you can sew a straight line you can do this!!  
 I did not take step by step pictures because it is easier to just explain it. You simple find fabric to go on the back, I used drop cloth so cheap and right color. Put good sides facing each other and sew a square but leave one flap open. By a insert at PB or I suggest Ikea they are even cheaper and down too.  Put in the pillow then flip in the fabric so no seem shows then sew it closed. 
It cost me $6.50 I already had the fabric and pillow.  Do you spot Champ?  The dog is my shadow, he loves to be in pictures too.  Every time I snap a picture he plops right down in front or appears like a ghost somewhere in the photo.

 I added my dishes above my antique dresser.  I wish I had more wall room.  We have lots of windows which are nice but limited room for pictures and dishes of course.
 I added a couple slip covers that I had to brighten this space up.  
 Vintage dog I found at the antique/flea shop.  I like these dogs and I have no idea why.  They just grow on me just like the lamps, topiary, shell and white dish syndrome I have....
 Old trophy vase
 I have turned the basement into our mostly baseball room. My husband never demands a Man Cave or never tries to decorate the house.  Although he has good taste and I love his opinion I wanted to make a  area he could relax in. Above I found this glass jar in a dumpster months ago. We were driving by and I saw it sitting on top of a bunch of wood.  My sweet husband of course laughs at me along with Jaden and Drew saying "look mom, that looks like you could use that"  I should say that he totally has bought my ideas at this point because I have proven junk can become magazine worthy.
 I didn't have anything on these walls so I thought I would add a couple of Rob's old jerseys.  One was from college and the other was from his time he played in a summer league that prepares you for the minor leagues.  They are both special to him and the kids think it is pretty cool.
Jaden on the kids side of the basement in his element. I will be adding a few more things from around our house in the next day or two. We have not had a lot of down time this summer but I need to get on a regular blog routine. I don't want to forget so many things that my kids say and do. They keep me laughing that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! You have your new home looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so so pretty! I love being able to see the kiddos grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...