Monday, July 9, 2012

Before: Kids bathroom 
We finally have the kids bathroom done. This was another project that took a lot longer then expected. Contractors should flood to this area.  For some reason they are all very busy and everything takes a long time. Like everything in our house before our Extreme Makeover we had lovely oak cabinets, and brown checked vinyl floor and a very old nasty toilet. We also had a hairline cracked tub which ended up needing replaced. That was such a pain!!  I first picked a basic unit nothing fancy tub/shower. A few weeks later the product had a defect and needed to be changed out. I decided to go with Swanstone which is like Corian. I wanted subway tile but the previous was cheaper at $4700 ): Can you see tears. Tile would have been another $800, boo!! Who would have ever though a bathtub and shower with no fancy jets or anything would be that much but in fact this is the going rate around here. Once that was done, Rob changed out the sinks and faucets.  I painted the cabinets in Dover White and replaced the hardware.  We framed in the mirror and I pained the bath Sherwin Williams Favorite Tan.  Last the floor was put in which is the tile that looks like planked wood. We did a few things ourselves and tried to save where we could but lots of these bigger projects need the pro's.  Rob also changed out the the old brass lights on both sides of the mirror, that alone made a huge difference. 
After:
Better? I love these floors!! I love it, It turned out just like I thought.I still need to get bamboo blinds or something but this room is done.

 We left the counter top for now.  I didn't feel like paying another $2,000 for the top, ha ha seriously.  It is the kids bathroom and it looks fine.  With everything else done it does not look bad at all.
 I love this lantern.  It was one of my Marshall's favorite finds.  I actually bought two of them.  I love how TJ MAXX and such copy the looks of much more expensive stores. The quality is not as good but you get the look which is fun for those of us that like to change things out.
 A picture of a toilet. I posted this because I love using this hook rack for the kids towels. It works out well because they can hang their own towels up. We are almost done with all the big projects.  We still have to to do our upstairs landing in wood and get some carpet. We are slowing down and enjoying life more, this can all really drain you.  It is very rewarding but at the same time takes lots of patience, work, and late nights. I really love smaller day projects the best.  

2 comments:

  1. love it Katie! love the quatrefoil towel....i have them in grey and white!!

    hope all is well!!

    polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. Amazing. Period.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...