Friday, March 2, 2012

Poodles In Paris

Things are shaping up around here. We have been working on a several things at once but we are on our way to making progress. Last Sunday I went out shopping with Drew's teacher. We started talking and realized we liked a lot of the same things so we became instant friends. She is a great teacher and she has been so nice to my little Drew B. I just love organized, sweet and caring teachers. It makes a world of difference for the students and the parents. We had a blast she took me to a flea/antique store, of course TJMaxx and a couple of other stores. On our adventure I found this vintage poodle lamp for Lauren's room. Her room is now Paris theme and I love it. I haven't shown pictures yet because I am not quite done. It take time to get everything hung and time to find the look I am going for. This lamp came with a shade that fit but it was ugly and old.
I thought maybe I could re purpose it and use some material I had laying around. I pulled out my trusty glue gun and glued it right on. Lauren and I decided it needed a little more blinging out. The dog color was missing a few jewels so I added some pearls. Next we wanted to add Lauren's beloved purple for some more color.

Easy, not perfect but easy and I really like it.

You can see a little bit of her Paris room in the reflection of her mirror.

This lamp is so cute! Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. i bet her room is precious. i hope to do a little girl's room one day. so fun! can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see the whole room! Love the lamp, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...