Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I love this...don't sweat the small stuff..

Thinking about having kids?Or a dog?
LOL!! I think I have posted this before but if makes me laugh every time I see it. I can relate with both so that is probably why I love this. I wish that I would have taken pictures of what Lauren did a month or so ago. I was to mad to do it at the time, now that I think about it I just die laughing!! I think it is good not to take life to seriously. Easier said then done, and depending on how the days events play out that has a lot to do with your state of mind. Now that I have recovered from the trauma of Lauren painting her room in hair lotion I can laugh about it. I will set up the scene. I walk into her room after I thought she was fast asleep. I see that she is asleep but then notice the haze on the windows. I get closer and realize that windows are not foggy windows but lotion painted windows, both of them in fact. Perfectly painted windows inside every pane. Next I notice her frog prince bookend is completely covered in hair lotion. Every square inch was covered like it was perfectly pained on. Next her bookshelf is painted perfectly in coconut souffle hair lotion. Rob was out of town for a week and I was tired with all our projects, I could not even speak after I saw it. I simply closed the door and went to bed. I cried myself to sleep to be honest with you. Being tired and worn out has lots to do with a mom's emotions I have found. I must have been in one of those moments of despair of feeling sorry for myself. Moving forward at this moment Lauren is laughing and playing with a balloon, my boys are off to to school, my husband is getting our taxes done and our house is warm and cozy. I feel thankful!! I love to look back on what the Lord is teaching me. I have gained so much wisdom as a wife and mother, priceless. A couple weeks ago I told my mom the story about the hair lotion and I started to laugh..We laughed together...It felt good to laugh. I realize even though it was a pain to clean up. (It was oil friends!!) It is nice to feel joy and to laugh about the trials of parenthood.
I love that Lauren is creative, and thinking about it now she was probably trying to paint like me. She is smart and funny and sometimes entertains herself with things that I wish she wouldn't have but none the less it made for a good laugh now. I will miss these moments as we are having less now but she often surprises me (: I want to remember everything about my kids the good times and the complicated times and everything in between. They are my greatest blessing and I am learning to not sweat the small stuff, I am laughing more!! Thank you mom for laughing with me, it really was funny and it will soon be a distant memory of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I feel your pain!!! I think Beau and Lauren are from the same mold!!! I pray every day that Beau's strong willed self will do great things some day. But for now, he wears me out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...