Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We made it!!

We finally made it!! We moved last Thursday. This move has been so quick I have hardly had time to let it all sink in. Our house in OH sold in one week, never would I think that the first people that looked at it would have bought it. It's been a whirlwind and life has a funny way of changing when you least suspect it. It was sad leaving our old house but in a way it was just a house, mixed emotions. The lady buying our house was a sub for Lauren's gymnastics class a few times what are the odd's? Rob says I was the mayor of Pickerington. I think a lot of it has to do with having kids in school and Lauren being adopted. I gave up on blending in long ago, lol.. I will really miss Pickerington and so many nice friends we met. We lived there four years and just like this time didn't know a soul moving in and left knowing friend that were like family. I haven't cried much but I finally did on Thursday pulling out of town following Rob to Pittsburgh. My neighbor and her family waved as we drove away it was so sweet and kind but made the flood gates go. My BFF Jackie also came by the same day and said goodbye. I know that I will see her again many times but we won't live across town anymore and see each other all the time. Even Drew said Miss Jackie is like a family member ): So here we go again starting fresh. The exciting thing is I have seen God's hand in this move and that has been remarkable and promising. Everything has pointed for us to move here to our new town. We live about 35 min from Pittsburgh in the suburbs. So far we love the town and our new house. The house is a dream come true setting, it so beautiful. I live up on a high hill amongst rolling hills with trees everywhere. It is so peaceful we hardly hear any cars or see any traffic. The win win is that the mall is 5 min around the corner but you would never know!! Yes, I said a dream come true!!

It snowed the day after we moved in and I have to say it was pretty. I am going have to learn to like the snow. We are now in the North East. I do like the seasons just wish winter was one month shorter. I have a feeling North Face is going to be my new BFF.

I love it!! It is like a movie set. Now the inside needs a little updating. Everything has good bones and is livable it is just needs some updating to welcome it to 2012. We have lots of plans and I can't wait to share everything here.Rob and I


My mom, she is so cute. My parents now live 3 hrs away. That is another dream come true. We have never lived this close. My mom is great at decorating, funny, sweet and is my best friend (:

The rock wall room. My least favorite motif in the house. We have some plans and lots of paint in the works. I have worked all day non stop and you will be happy to know the land of a thousand lamps is now picked up.


Buddy is still watching!!

Moving during the holidays has not been fun! I missed Thanksgiving with my family,a shopping trip to New York City, and just got a tree a up a few days ago. It makes me kind of sad but I am thankful for so much. I told Rob I can't wait till next Christmas!! I am tired, seriously drained but I want to make Christmas the best I can and get our lives back to normal.

Our tree!!

The boys started school yesterday and so far so good. Both of their teachers are wonderful and the school is nice and so friendly. People could not be nicer in the area that makes a world of difference. My new neighbor next door brought over a huge baked spaghetti the day after we moved in and cookies. Can't wait to post more news soon.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the move went smoothly.
    How is your cousin Lisa?
    Have a Very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! Beautiful house, and love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it and are getting settled in. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. That is great that you live so much closer to your mom now. Hope the kids will love their new school. I know you'll be making tons of new friends too. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, we have been moving at the same exact time as you! And my anxiety has been bad, just mixed with the holidays, shopping, decorating, school parties, etc! I don't ever want to move in Dec. again, haha! I pray you guys are getting settled in now; we are getting there! Love you friend, your new house is so beautiful! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...