Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lauren's first day of preschool

Lauren's first day of preschool was today. She went last year and enjoyed it but this year is going to be even better for her since she is really maturing and enjoys learning and making new friends. She may go again next year due to her having a July b-day. The teachers told me yesterday that they recommend kids with summer birthdays to wait another year. Even knowing all her colors and numbers they advised me that in the 5-6th grade is when being the youngest may hurt them maturity wise. So we will see. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. She has changed a lot in the last 6 mo and my oh my does this girl not forget a face or car brand. She can remember all of Jaden and Drew's friends names, cars people drive even in different colors, memories from Disney. Wow!! She is a little mommy's helper too. She likes to clean and follow directions. Yesterday she was helping pick up and she said "I only have two hands to get all of this done" her other favorite line is "You gotta be kidding me" The other very comical line she says is "Ya bubba" I have no idea where that came from but it is so funny when she says it. It is when she is really happy or she scores in soccer. Love this girl!




Here she is with one of her teachers, all of my kids have had this teacher at one time or another. She is wonderful!!

She seemed to enjoy her day she will be going 3x a week. Today they studied astronauts.

Cute!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! My advice on the birthday thing is to not hold her back if she's ready. All 3 of mine have summer birthdays and Madison's is Aug 30th! She is the youngest in her class, in 6th grade this year, and I don't see any maturity differences and academic-wise, she's at the top of her class, which I suspect Lauren will be too because she is already so bright. Also, Lauren is tall for her age, so she may feel weird being with those much younger than her....my girls are always the tallest even being the youngest in their grades.

    I was also always the youngest, with an Aug 29th birthday, and never noticed a difference. Lauren is so mature for her age....she'll be just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie can confirm re: my kids - do NOT just hold her back for no reason other than her birthdate. My bday is July 23rd, and I never felt "bad" being the youngest. They say it's more dramatic for boys, and we still did not hold Will back; his bday is Aug. 6th. He was SOOO socially ready. Holding him back would have really frustrated him. It feels like such a pressure-filled decision, but praying God gives you peace whichever way you choose! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...