Tuesday, May 24, 2011

$1 table

The table on the left I bought for $1 at a barn sale. As you can see it is beat up but for $1 I had an idea. The one on the right I also purchased for $6.
The top is leathery, this is a old piece of furniture. There are not to many options when you don't have a finish to work with. I love scrapbook paper so I picked out a design that I thought would work with the table to cover the top.
1. I sanded the table and then painted it using Mini Wax Gel stain in mahogany
2. I picked out scrap paper and pieced it to fit on the square on top. I used Modge Podge to stick it down and flattened out the air bubbles, then I covered it with two more coats of Modge Podge (love that stuff)
New Table!!

It is hard to see the top but it is french words I believe.

Fun!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks awesome Katie! I love how creative you are! WOWZERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks amazing- what a great bargain!! I have a table I would like to 'marble-ize' and since I don't have a clue how to do that, I'm going to see if your idea would work. Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...