Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Prayers for Jaden

Life can be painful at times and thankfully through the storms there is hope and assurance that God loves us. Monday we took Jaden to the dermatologist finally after waiting months to get in. He has developed a really bad rash on his arms, legs, and scalp. For a long time I didn't know what it was but our pediatrician thought it was psoriasis. As time went on that looked to be it and I was seriously concerned. It can be very bad at times but can be manageable too. I saw so many pictures on the Internet that scared me since it can also cause arthritis at a early age. It came on suddenly about 8 month ago and has gotten worse. It is in fact psoriasis but our Dr who is on the list for one of the best Dr's in America and has worked at our Children's hospital as the head person for 18 yrs was optimistic. It is believed to be a hereditary condition that is quite common tons of people have this disorder but to varying degrees. Rob and I don't have it but Rob mom has it on her scalp. The Dr. said since hers is not that bad and it has not caused arthritis then Jaden's should not. Since he has been a dermatologist he has seen very few cases where it has gotten so bad that it was all over the body.
I did cry a lot Monday and it breaks my heart that it itches him. We are just being optimistic that we can get it cleared up he also has a secondary infection on top of it that has made it worse. I often wonder why God allows bad things to happen to children. Jaden is such a special kid who loves the Lord and has such a good attitude about it all. It humbles me to see him handle it. I don't want to feel sorry for myself or him but to be able to use this as another tool in the toolbox for his testimony. Unfortunately we all will face many more storms in life and they make us who we are. Each one of my kids will face their own battles. I am so grateful that my children know Christ and we are Christians. I don't know how anyone could make it though life not knowing that God has a plan for each one of us and He desires the best for us even if it is not in the way we think.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Even though this stinks like my one friend Chere said Jaden is a strong boy and God will use this remember first that he is God's son first and that God loves him even more then you do.

So we are going to treat this and hope that it goes away for a while (this type of problem comes and goes) so if you could pray for us I would appreciate it. Pray for complete healing and if that is not God's will for us to be able to manage this and give Jaden that confidence he needs.

I know things could be so much worse and I could have found out he had cancer or he was going blind. I can't image some of the pain many of you have faced and although none of this seems fair I do know that nothing compares to the promise God made to us on that cross. This life is our temporary home.

5 comments:

  1. Poor little guy....I know it kills your heart as a mom when they go through things like this. Praying it clears up and doesn't bother him much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for sweet Jaden. So many battles and obstacles to face... like you said, I can not imagine facing them without knowing God is with us. Can not imagine that. Your children are blessed to know God's love so strongly and they they can make it through anything with Him by their side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of Jaden! Sounds like you have a wonderful doctor to take care of your little boy! Hang in there Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen re: Jeremiah 29:11! It hurts so much to acknowledge the tiniest imperfections in our sweet kids, but we know God's got us all in His care, if we can allow ourselves to rest in it. Prayers of healing & comfort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and Jaden! Thanks for sharing the Bible verse--need that this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...