Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fuzzy Balls and Happy Dollars...

I came up with a new idea for a reward system. I don't know if it will work long term but I figured with the attitudes I have been having lately it was worth a try. We have done other kinds of reward systems in the past marbles, stickers etc.. It has been a while and the attitudes are showing. My kids are great kids but if I give them a inch they take a mile. There has been to much freedom and to much (below)
I love Berenstain Bear books, they seem to fit very well into our issues. We have had a long winter and it has been a cold spring. I don't know about all of you but sometimes I get lazy too. I want the kids to enjoy life and I say yes to much at times. I am not afraid to say no but sometimes I say yes to make them happy and it is less stressful. I know that spoiled kids is not my goal and that I am not going to be their best friend most of the time. Being a homemaker also makes it much easier on them. I am always here to help them, clean, make snacks, do homework,etc..I am proud to do it and it is a gift to them but they take advantage of me. Life is a good teacher and I am going to have to make them help out more. I have noticed my kids attitudes change when they watch to much TV and video games. They become irritable, bored acting and lazy. They like other things too but they get into that TV haze that I can not stand so this mama is laying down the law.

Fuzzy Balls and Happy Dollars

This came to me on my early morning trip to Target. One of my favorite stores.. I was thinking bingo chips but found fuzzy balls. For every 20 fuzzy balls they get they get a "Happy Dollar." If they want they can save 4 of them to get a purple Happy Dollar.

Jaden is grumpy when he gets home from school. I think that he is tired and he likes to unwind by watching TV. I have noticed that the TV has made him even more grumpy especially when it is time for homework so now we are taking a break from it. When he came home today I shared the system with all three of them. Jaden was so excited!! He loved this whole idea. Drew had a little bit of the Green Eyed Monster in him and said "that is all we get". (Just keepin it real) Believe me I work so hard not to have selfish kids and for the most part they are very grateful but Drew has the gimmes a lot. Lauren just wanted to play with the balls(:

I thought I would share this with you all today. I know moms need encouragement and fresh ideas at times. It seems that it is always something and a new stage of some sorts is always lurking. I am always learning through my kids and I am humbled by them. God has refined me in so many ways with their different challenges. They like to take turns I say but I have learned the most about life from being a parent. I am also so thankful for my friends that we all share our frustrations and try to help one another.

I will have to update you all soon (:

4 comments:

  1. Let me know if this works for you! I have tried so many reward systems for my six year old.. and nothing has worked long-term. Looks like you put a lot of thought into this one, though.. so hopefully you'll see good results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I really got a kick out of your last picture--Jaden has 1 fuzzy ball, and Drew 0. Cracked me up! Come on D and J, let's fill up those bags! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so doing this at our house! I agree, I pick and choose my battles, but lately I am not battling anything, I just say yes to keep the peace! Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...