Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bamboo Shades

I am really happy with my new bamboo shades. I was going to order them since my windows are odd sizes but when I was Lowe's last week they just started carrying custom cut bamboo blinds. It was much cheaper this way then ordering and they are nicer then roll up shades they are roman shades. I also found the liners on clearance for only $5 a piece as opposed to $25. They need liners because without they are med. transparency. The liners help. They are kind of a pain to string on, but thanks to my friend Jackie I figured out the best way to connect them. I think they add lots of texture and warmth to the room. In the winter they will help with insulation too. There is so much light in this room that my camera gets a overexposed look but you get the idea. I will try to take some pictures in the evening. I pull them down a bit and they even look better with the softer light.

Sun is shinning today so that brings me joy. Spring is finally here.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your windows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie , your blinds look great & your home is beautiful !
    Would love to get together with you and Polly soon !
    Take care !
    Warmly
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing pics!! Our new house will have two story windows like yours and I have been anxious to see what it's going to look like with window treatments below and leaving the top ones alone--LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room looks great, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...