Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Good Stuff

I have great joy in being a mother and parent. I pray for my kids each day and pray hard for many of the choices and ways they may go. I pray for hope in a dying world and for them to to take the road less traveled at times. For them to stand up for the weak and to hold their head high. I pray for them to be strong in their faith and not take life for granted. To be people of good character and not get caught up in world. To follow dreams and have open hearts and Mercy for others. To have passion and live with Christ like attitudes even when it is not easy to do. The prayers never end..
It all seems so hard some days and I wonder if my parenting is sinking in at times. We get two steps ahead and then take two steps back. I have such dreams for these kids and I know God will be with them even in those times that they don't follow the right path. I hope I can be the parent I need to be during these time. It is so exciting to see them growing up. They make me so proud. No matter what they do in life. I hope they always know how much I love them. If I succeed in that then I have done my job.



Moms, we have great impact in our kids lives. Let's keep helping each other with encouragement and support. Keep loving each others kids and helping each other to be the best moms we can be!

11 comments:

  1. They are so blessed to have a Mommy like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful mom Katie! You are such a blessing to those sweet, precious children you have. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I find more things that we have in common with every post. My Riley LOVES pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great Mom, Katie! I just love all of Lauren's cute outfits and bows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do need to encourage each other as moms and love on each others' kids! Well said and very thought provoking! You def. do that for others and I pray you also receive it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Jackie's friend, Susie, & she posted this link on FB, so I checked it out! #1 - BIGGEST AMEN to this post! And wow, do we have a lot in common!!! Music-wise, Southern style-wise, faith-wise - even Wii and winter skin issue-wise! I am SO EXCITED you went to Winter Jam!!! And I am looking forward to my kids doing Upward sports here (we just moved back to Georgia 2 weeks ago & they DO have it here! YAY!!!) Do you mind if I sub to your blog? Feel free to check mine out, too: castleblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I'm giving away a parenting book on my blog...fyi! http://whitesugarbrownsugar.blogspot.com/2011/02/transracial-parents-dig-in-and-possibly.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie! Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments on my bedroom.

    Such a great post! You have a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie,

    Check this out! http://www.piratesvoyage.com/?# I know my pirate boy is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie,

    We will be down there June 8-14. My parents own a condo in Garden City year-round. For our family of four to go (baby will be free) is $197. It will be an awesome performance. They are holding auditions for the actors in California. I read a review somewhere that said there will be trapeze and acrobats in the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...