Saturday, January 22, 2011

How He Loves US

Make sure you pause my music at the bottom of my blog to hear these!I wanted to share something that has been on my heart.
I really like both of these songs and I think most of us can relate to them at some level. To often I don't accept God's grace. I had a long discussion with Rob about this. We can never do enough for God and no matter what we do we can't gain more of His love then we already have. That is hard to accept that when we fail He loves us the same as when we think we are doing well. I sometimes think I am not doing enough but then I realize that God loves me Just as I am. I want to make sure everything I do is for Him not for other people or myself. Just out of a heart to Love the Lord. To often we look for others and even God for approval. I am so thankful to have God love me just as I am and I want to savor on that. I am also so thankful to my husband that has shown me this kind of love and at times I have had trouble believing how much he really does love me. I don't have to prove myself or do something that makes me accepted or loved more by him. I love you Rob!!
I think one of the biggest lies from the enemy is that we will never measure up to God and we will never be good enough for his love. We look at others for our approval or we do things saying it is for God but really for others to think we are special. Sadly then Christians start comparing themselves with each other and even become judgmental. We are all messed up!! I pray that we can all share our struggles and that we will uplift each other and encourage one another. That no matter what we do for the Lord big or small whatever Radical step that may be that we are doing it for Him. If He has you right where you are you can be used. There are no perfect people! You don't have to be a missionary in Africa for God to love you more, or live in a shack to show how unselfish you are, or give all your money to a church to prove anything to Him. First know He created you and He loves you, and no matter what you have done in your life that His love is so great! You can't earn salvation or Grace!! I love the David Crowder Band song above and the verse:
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
I pray that God transforms all of us to be more like Him.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Amen Amen Katie. As God is refining and pruning me during this season, I must hold fast to the TRUTH of His love and ENDLESS Grace. And you put up honestly TWO OF MY FAVORITE SONGS! Now I remember why we were such good friends :) so much in common

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so true, Katie. My whole life, I have looked to others for approval or compared what I was doing to what others were doing. God has really been working with me on this to see that He is already proud of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these songs too! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...