Friday, November 12, 2010

Love and memories

These houses!! I seriously love to look at houses. I love all of these Christmas looks. I have been down in the basement crawl space which is so creepy. It is clean but feels weird. I think I have seen to many scary movies. It is the kind of crawl space with the stones. I always think of that Kevin Bacon Movie Stir Of Echos. You can laugh now but if you have seen the movie you know what I mean. I can't believe how much stuff I have down there. It is nothing like the show Hoarders but I do have a lot of garland, trees, and ornaments. I am deciding how to decorate this year which is always fun.


Every year Christmas gets better. The memories are so special. I was thinking the other day I thank God for memories. Can you imagine if we didn't have memories? I have so many and can still remember smells, the ways my kids looked at certain times and fun moments we have had. My mom always told me to write stuff down and take pictures because you think you will remember everything but you won't. She is right, which is sad but I do have lots memories, pictures and feelings with my family. Lately it has dawned on me that my little family that started 8yrs has grown and the kids in it haven't stopped growing. I look at pictures from just a year ago and my kids are looking older. I am so glad they are becoming little people of their own but I wish I could have each of them at about 6mo old for a just one more day..Makes me sad. Just to hold a Little Jaden, Little Drew and Little Lauren as a baby. God is so good he gives us grand kids. I am not old yet but I often think about holding my grand kids one day and seeing my children through their faces. Such a gift!! To be able to enjoy it all over again but not have all the pressures of being parents. Such an important job to be parents!! Just that thought alone is overwhelming of trying your best to be what your kids need. I want to enjoy each moment of my kids even when I feel like pulling my hair out and leaving the house. One day they will all be gone and I will just have the memories, thank you God for memories. Oh and my great husband!! I forgot about him. No seriously that is a whole other post about having a person by your side that loves you no matter what. I didn't mean to get all sentimental but in life it is so easy to get wrapped up in non important things that the world has you believing is. All you have to do is look at your children, and those you love and it grounds you. I thank God for his never ending love for all of us and the blessings He gives.




Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I simply cannot imagine being able to decorate my home like any of these in the photos....they are stunningly beautiful and totally decked out!!!! LOVE LOVE!!

    Memories make life magical. Thank God for memories.

    I'm having a giveaway Katie! Don't miss it!!

    Hugs

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those Pottery Barn houses---white house, black trims, and a red door. BEAUTIFUL! Ok, so that really wasn't the focus of your post---but I just had to say I love the pics! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. I am going to try to make our door look pretty this year. I have high hopes : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I always think, I wonder if elderly people look at their life and still truly feel like they are in their 30's or 40's. I still feel like I should only be 18! It seems like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...