Monday, November 15, 2010

A cheap table and new shelves

I have another table in here!! I bought one that just never looked right in the summer off of Craigslist. I re-sold the table and bought this table at the Goodwill for $20. It has bubbled watermarks on the top but I really liked the table. I painted the table a fresh coat of black and that helped a little. I don't like real formal stuff so it works and actually looks rustic. The chairs are from the other table and the covers are from Ballard Designs. Hate me but I got all the covers for $10 at a thrift store! I love Ballard's so I was thrilled to get them for so cheap. They don't fit the chairs perfect but like the popular Nesting Place Blog says it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.
There are a lot of chairs in this room! It doesn't look so bad when the chair by the tree is moved back over. I started to decorate for Christmas (I haven't turned anything on yet, not till after Thanksgiving) I love my shelves on my wall. What an adventure that was finding four matching shelves. I found two at Marshall's along with the neat neat dishes. Then I decided that two more would look great. Then I found one at Home Goods. We looked all over Columbus for another one and couldn't find another shelf. Rob found a black one on a business trip so that was great. I just had to paint them all to match. He hung them up this weekend for me and I love the way it looks. Finally this room is looking the way I want. I wish I had tons more molding and crown molding but this is good for now. Hope you enjoyed looking a my new dining room on the cheap (:

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! I can not believe you found that table for $20... you must have a great Goodwill to shop at!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...