Monday, November 1, 2010

Buffet re-do and some ramblings..

This used to be plain brown and I have had it sitting in my kitchen for a couple years. I think it is good to change things up if you don't love a piece or your style changes a bit. No use on having an okay when you could have a change that you might love. So be daring!! Get out the paint. This is a antique from the 20's but I don't buy antiques for value. I buy them because they are good quality, have character and are a great value. This pretty thing has such neat details and the wood didn't show it off. So I got out my creamy white paint and simply painted 2-3 layers of paint. I did not prime or sand. I left the top original which is one of my favorite looks lately. If you do this technique just make sure you tape off the top so you don't get any paint on it. I also bought new hardware at Hobby Lobby and sanded the sides a bit. I really like the results. I am feeling creative again and have some really good ideas for Christmas brewing up. The Ballard Catalog for November is awesome!! I really like decorating and painting if you haven't figured that out yet (: I was thinking the other day hobby wise this is where my biggest passion is. I still like taking pictures but have lost some passion for it. It seems like everyone is taking pictures these days and with the use of Photo shop it has kind of made the creative part burn out for me. I still enjoy taking pictures of my kids but am really focusing on home projects and the art of being a homemaker.

Isn't this chair awesome? It is old and just needed to be stained. My friend and fellow blogger Polly
http://sassafrasstuff.blogspot.com/
sold it to me at her yard sale for super cheap. Let me tell you her yard sale was awesome!! It was more like a girls night out shopping at a boutique. She was so kind to invite me to the pre-sale. I got some really neat things. Check out her blog her house is to die for!! I want to do a whole blog on it someday. I have never met someone with such a creative mind.
Thanks Polly again!
I decided to tackle cleaning my closet today. Talk about a never ending project. I enjoy organizing but can't keep organized so I have to re-organize to get organized, lol.. I have what I call The Standard Mom Uniform. Almost all my clothes look similar and are the same colors. Black, Tan, White,Black, Tan, White...Makes it easy to pick out clothes in the morning. I do have some fun colors mixed in but love my uniform colors. So to all the Mom uniform lovers out there please tell me I am not alone.

5 comments:

  1. please come help me furnish and decorate my house. so jealous. i'm scowering craigslist like a mad women and just can't find what i think i need. :( poor me. you've got a talent and i could use some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a mom, but I have a mom uniform!! I agree...black, tan, white!! Can't go wrong!!

    Love the furniture piece! It is always amazing to me how much difference some cream paint can make!!! You are really good at refurbishing old pieces....you should start a booth!!!

    Thanks for the shout out!! Glad that chair found a good home!! Hopefully you can keep it all together....he used Gorilla Glue on the seat, so it should be good!! Hope you can come to my Jewel Kade party on November 21st!!

    Hugs~

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to come over here and see what you've re-done! You know I am scared of paint....one day I will get adventurous and paint me some furniture. Ha! My mom uniform is jeans and t-shirts. I got adventurous this week and got me a plaid tunic type shirt and wore it with leggings and it was cute. Something different. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you did with the buffet. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...