Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getaway

Rob surprised me with a weekend getaway. This was a much needed break that is for sure. Rob's job keeps him really busy and with the kids we miss out time with each other. I want to really make "US" a priority. I don't want to get caught in the rat race of life. We haven't been away without the kids like this overnight in about two years. It was beautiful!! He did it all himself and I am so proud of the plans he made for us. Hocking Hills is at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and it about 45 min from our house. This is probably one of the most beautiful places in the Midwest. We drive by it all the time but we had heard that most of the trails were for more experienced hikers. (We found that not to be totally true so next time we can take the kids) We really needed quality time so he picked a place that was on a 140 acres with only 5 cabin/cottages on the land. We left on Friday he went to the store and was buying food and packing all kinds of camping stuff. I was thinking that is so nice of him but I don't want to go camping since it had been in the high 90's. On the way there he told me about the place and I could not wait. We pulled up to this luxury cabin. It had it's own fire pit, hot tub, beautiful living quarters, surround sound with romantic music, hiking trails, a pond. It was the perfect getaway. We saw one car a few miles away the whole weekend. Rob made me dinner which is something special for a non domestic man. It was wonderful!! We talked, laughed and had the time of our lives. We hiked on Friday and stayed up late, On sat we did the zip line from my previous post and saw some sights and hiked more. It was one of the best memories I have!!
A nice lady took our picture when we were half in a cave. We like kind of ghost like since it was dark. It was really hot last weekend but no rain so we can't complain.

You can click any picture to make it larger
Do you believe this is Ohio? Awesome
This was in the cabin looking out the living room window. It was the neatest little cabin with a dual sided fireplace, granite, beautiful furniture. I would love to own one of these little places what a refreshing place.

Here is the back of our place standing by the pond

Here is the driveway leading up to the cottage. I loved that he picked this to do, we had lots of time and it was so peaceful and quite with no distractions. By Sunday I did miss the kids it was the perfect time away. I love your Rob!!

5 comments:

  1. Yea Rob!! That place is beautiful. How special that you had a weekend for just the two of you!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you! You deserve all the happiness in the world, and I know you love your kiddos, but it's always great to get some time alone with your hubby once in awhile. I bet that was so fun.....it looks like a beautiful place!

    Thanks so much for the prayers on our house situation. And I am working on my dolly pattern, but yes, if I can make them where I'm confident enough to put them on my website, I will most definitely be making brown ones too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a really nice place! I was just looking up cabins and places the other night b/c I am wanting to surprise my sweety with a much needed getaway! Do you know who he went through for that cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely amazing--the place and Rob's planning/consideration for you guys to have a vacation! :) That is AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing about this place! I am in Indiana (just south of Indianapolis), and this would be a short traveling distance for us. We may have to check it out! :) You have the sweetest family. I enjoy your blog so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...