Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun few days and some new finds

Hi Friends,
It has been a great two days. We went with Rob on a business trip and got away on a mini vacation. We did some fun stuff. We went to the IKEA store which is so fun if you have never been there. Most of the stuff is contemporary or modern but you can mix a lot of it with whatever style that you like. The prices are really good and the quality is not bad at all. It is really fun to walk through a staged room by room store. We went one evening after Rob's work and the kids went in and played in the kids area. I love how the store is so family friendly. I only bought these plants and pots I thought they were cute.

This is a garage sale found After. The before is below. It is a really neat piece made in the 30-4o's I believe. It has metal feet. It was in bad shape but great painting shape. I love to Paint!! What a difference a little paint can make to a room, furniture or anything for that matter. It was only $8! I had the paint and it only took a little while to complete.
Not pretty is it?? I love finding cheap little pieces like this. I have slowed down in the painting lately but I think that is a good thing. I really haven't found to many great finds lately. It goes in spurts for me. I am due soon, so I keep hitting the junk sales. My kids are becoming bargain hunters.

6 comments:

  1. Great makeover on that little table!! I just bought a chair that is in dire need of a makeover....I am going to try my hand at reupholstering!! We'll see what happens!

    Your little potted plants are so cute! I had so much in my cart by the time we got to that section that my husband kind of pulled me in another direction!! The Exit!! lol

    xo

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea! The nearest one to us is about 45 minutes away, but I try to make it over there at least once a year. I could spend hours in there and I love it because it's so affordable! They have a white daybed that I really want for the girls!

    That table is amazing!! I wish you lived closer and could help me with my house! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...i amazed at how that table turned out! Now i want to go garage saling and find a treasure like that! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD MORNING TO FUNNY I JUST WENT TO IKEA ON MONDAY AND HAD THOSE SAME POTS IN MY CART TO BUY BUT PUT THEM BACK BECAUSE MY CART WAS ALL READY TO FULL ! I JUST LOVE IKEA AND YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE PRICES !!
    THE POTS LOOK GREAT ON YOUR TABLE!
    YOUR GARAGE SALE TABLE IS GREAT AMAZING WHAT PAINT DOES !
    ENJOY YOUR DAY !
    WARMLY
    JANET

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good at re-purposing! The little table is adorable! That's so fun that you guys got to have a mini vacay! I LOVE Ikea! We don't have one here, but I look on-line a lot and there is one in Dallas. The pots are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have a mini-vacation!! I still need to find an IKEA (sort of) close to us. I'm sure there would be one in Dallas. They sound so neat! Your table turned out GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...