Monday, June 14, 2010

Beadboard wallpaper

This is the before on my island painted. It is not really in style anymore but I know it actually looked okay. It was a faux finish. I left it since it was okay. I had enough so a few weeks ago I attempted wallpapering for the first time. I bought that bead board wall paper I keep hearing so much about. I wanted the real bead board but by the time Rob would do it it might be a while. I don't say that to be mean at all, but it is hard to get time to do a project that involves measuring and cutting and nailing. He does want to do some of that and those are good winter projects but for now I thought I would just do the couple hour project. I bought the paper at Lowe's for $15 I think. You just measure, wet, paste and cut. I did have to get some tips online how you should put something against the molding before you use your Exacto knife. That would have saved me some time, because I had a couple rips. Once you hold down the paper with a wall paper smoother then cut it cuts smooth. I really like it!!
I have done a lot of changes in here. I went from the reds French country look to more of a cottage look. I really like it!! I think it feels more light and bright. I am on a white dishes kick. I changed the curtains in the back to black and white checked.
It really does look like bead board. I also painted it more of a off white when I was done, you can paint it. It is thick too. Try it out. If I didn't have a tile back splash I would have put it back there with molding. I have big plans for the dream home with my molding addiction some day. For now we are going to start slow and add some here and there I think.
We had such a nice weekend, hope you all did too. Thur was the game, Friday I drove with Rob to Parkersburg, WV. We used to live in Belpre, Ohio right across the Ohio river. He had to do some work but the kids and I drove down too and went shopping. It is a much much smaller area then I live now but I loved it. They actually have a lot of great stores. I am a modern country girl and I miss my country house and smaller town. Although I like to go to the big city sometimes it is not where I want to live or be really close too. It has it's advantages living here but I do miss the simply life. Everything was slower by 5 levels and people are nice caring people. A couple of the nicest friends I met where met down there. Maybe one day we will live out a ways but still have everything close. Right now I am back to suburbia living, Land of many houses!!

8 comments:

  1. GOOD MORNING KATIE I LOVE YOUR BEAD BOARD WALL PAPER IT LOOKS LIKE THE REAL STUFF !!
    I REALLY ENJOYED OUR DAY WHEN I WENT TO THE YARD SALES WITH YOU & POLLY MAYBE ONE FRIDAY I WILL HAVE YOU BOTH COME MY WAY :)
    I HOPE Y0UR SUMMER IS GOING GOOD SO FAR :)
    WARMLY
    JANET

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Wow! It looks awesome! You did a good job....and all by yourself!!! I am impressed!

    I wonder how that would look as a backsplash in my kitchen? Hmmm....you've got my wheels turning!!

    See you!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the results with the island - it looks incredible!!! :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really neat! I didn't know there was such a thing! We are looking at buying a house on the water out here and it is an old outdated tiny house.....I'm going to need lots of help!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing that beadboard wallpaper too. I LOVE how the island looks with it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! We had some wallpaper that we were having a hard time getting off so we bought bead board to put up over the icky parts, but it ended up working that we didn't need it, which made me sad! I wanted that in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I might have to try that sometime.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, come do my house. :) I'm sooo tempted to try the beadboard wallpaper on my cabinets. I am, though, redoing a couple of dressers right now (just blogged about it w/ some pics actually!) and have thought of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...