Thursday, May 6, 2010

Slow Fade

Pause my music at the bottom and press play here
I love this song so much. Every time I hear it I think of people I know that have turned the other direction from God and went down the wrong path. Remember God never leaves us but we leave him! It is so easy to have a Slow Fade. I have had times where I have slowly seen myself slipping away. I have returned to Him thankfully and he took me back with His open arms. Life can be really tough sometimes and at times it would be easier to go the other way. I love the line in the song "Daddy's don't crumble in a day." Isn't that so true. It doesn't happen one day it is a slow selfish fade and before you know it your in to deep. I think this a great song/reminder for anyone no matter where you are in your life or walk with Christ. The video goes on to show as you are living your life your children are the ones following you and they see everything that you do good and bad. You are disciplining your children and by them watching you they are who they become. God has blessed many of us all with a huge responsibility. I am so thankful for Grace and when we do have a slow fade that God forgives us. As parents we love our children when they make us proud even when they don't. Nothing can make us not love them no matter what. To think how much God loves us is beyond comprehension!! Sometimes we feel like we can make God love us more if we proved we were a better christian, or volunteer more, give more, etc..It is hard to grasp it just does not work that way. He of course wants us to be on the journey with him as our best friend at all times. To try to live a life that is God pleasing but we will never live up to Him, that is why Grace is so important. When we mess up, He is always there as our parent welcoming us with open arms.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! Just stopping by to say thanks for entering into my giveaway this week. I noticed you left just one comment and that's awesome, but to be entered in, there were also two other mandatory comments that needed to be left. If you're still interested, be sure to come back as soon as you can (the giveaway ends today at noon my time) to that post and leave the other two comments!

    Thanks,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song!!! It's one of my favorites and so so true! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and the video! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said, Katie. I love this song too and it's so easy to get headed down the wrong path if we don't pay close attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I linked to your blog through Amy (filled with praise). I really love this song. It convicts me to the core....The thing is....he's always waiting, so why do I walk away?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just heard this song today--what an awesome song! It's a great reminder too that everyday really does count!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw them in concert. They are so great. Such powerful lyrics in all their songs. lovely blog. :)
    nicole visiting from
    http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...