Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cubbie storage re-do, messy closet again

BEFORE
This is one of the great finds that I got on my little junking trip a few weeks ago. One of us girls was going to get it because it was a well built cubbie storage for only $20. I decided with three kids and stuff everywhere I could for sure find a place for it and not pass this up. I decided to use it in my closet and get the shoes off my floor. My closet is a never ending mess. I think I blogged about it on here a year or so ago. I get it really nice and clean and then it is such a mess again. I am a organized person but the artsy side of me won't let it stay that way. Probably the lazy side of me (: I cleaned it all out again and got rid of tons of stuff. I figure if I have not worn it in a year it is leaving. So I stained this with a rub in gel stain that I really liked. It was a lot thicker and I just used a old towel and it worked great.
AFTER
I like it. I could also put a few other things in the cubbies when shoes aren't in there. I love shoes!! It actually made me sick that I had like 40 pairs at one time. To some people that may not be many but to others and myself I had to get rid of a few. I just love shoes especially ones with embellishments flip flops, and high heels. Oh but I love tennis shoes too..Oh and my cowboy boots. See I told you...
I love this stain so much I almost felt like I could stain my stairs with it and get rid of the carpet. I don't think I am going to try it (:
After pile. It feels so good to clean closets and drawers, toy rooms, etc.. It does not last but I like the feeling of clean and organized. Nothing stays this way but I will enjoy it for a while.
So clean!!
I got a new lamp, it is very unique. I didn't know if I loved it or not. It is growing on me. I love the Pineapple, I love pineapple stuff. I figure I can't paint it white if I get sick of the old world look of it. Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Don't you love gel stain? It is so easy to work with!!

    I'm so glad you bought the cubbie!

    We'll probably have to do another day...I have to take my mom to her Thursday hair appointment....and we leave her house at 12:30. Sorry!!

    Good luck at your sale!!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, why were you up at 4 a.m.? ;)
    Second,I love the cubby and new stain. What a great price!

    You pegged me. I love organization and do the same thing in my closet only to find it a mess a short while later. My creative/artsy side does the same thing to me!! I feel like I'm in a constant battle w/ myself for creativity vs. organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, why were you up at 4 a.m.? ;)
    I love the cubby and new stain. what a great price!
    I battle the whole organization/creative side too! You pegged me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting clean and organized too and then 2 days later I miss it when it's all messed up again :( LOL! That's a great idea for the cubby though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Very pretty. And a steal for only $20. I have to look into that gel stain because it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..that looks wonderful and clean...
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find that gel stain? I have a toy box and bookshelf in my garage awaiting a stain job and I keep putting it off because I know it's gonna be a mess....but gel, hhhmmm? That just might get me motivated! Great job--looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...