Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update, thank you for praying

Drew did great!! Here he is this morning bright and early at 5:30 am.
We were blessed with the sweetest most kindest nurses. They had a stuffed animal waiting for him, socks and a coloring book. God Bless good caring nurses!! It makes a huge difference for the kids and the parents.
Here is Drew after his surgery. It was really hard seeing him when he was waking up. He woke up screaming for me and asking to go home. It was pretty pathetic and I felt helpless. They gave him some morphine and he slept it off and woke up much better. I laid next to him for a couple hours on the bed and he did much better, and then we went home.
When we got home he wanted to play his new toy, a Nintendo DS. This really helped ease his nerves knowing that he had a surprise at home waiting for him. He looks pretty good for just having surgery. My mother in Law is here to help with Lauren so I am very thankful. Rob is out getting some medicine and a few other things for Drew.
I am so thankful for all the wonderful people God has brought in my life. I had so many people praying for us. My anxiety was so good. I stayed strong for Drew and I am proud of myself for that. He cried when they wheeled him away and I kept a smile on my face fighting the tears. I felt very at ease and I credit that to prayers. So thank you so much you all Bless my heart!!

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Katie and so glad that Drew is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he did good! I am behind on my comments--but Kylie had that done a few years ago and I was surprised at how resilient kids are! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the surgery went well! My husband is an ent and both of our boys have had 3 + sets of tubes.I cried every time theyw heeled my babies out. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a trooper. I hope he has a quick recovery. Way to go Drew, and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that Drew is doing well! What a day you all had I'm sure! Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad it went well! The second day seemed to be the worst for us, then it was smooth sailing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear how well things went. What a little trooper you have... he has a smile in every photo! :) Praying for a full and quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...