Friday, April 23, 2010

Still Alive here

We are still doing okay. Poor Drew has been worse the last day or so. Apparently the scabs fall off where the tonsils were and it makes the throat feel like glass when you swallow. He is good and bad through the day. The nights are the worse and we have not slept normal ever since day one of the surgery. I am really hoping it gets better for all of us, I feel like I have a newborn again. I called the Doc today and he told me that he is in pain that is why he is being so restless at night, so we are trying the Tylenol with Codeine again. The first night is seemed to make him more restless. I keep second guessing myself hoping it is all worth it. It breaks my heart seeing him cry almost all day and be so miserable. He drew this picture above. Jesus on the cross with the thieves he called it. He explained how one accepted and one didn't. So special, the red is the blood he explained and got very serious about that explanation.
Thought these were cute of Lauren. I took them on Sunday, she really does look cute in so many outfits. It has been fun to dress her. She is finally getting the whole potty thing down. So around all this Drew stuff we have been potty training. She decided to be in control of it so it is hard to say not now. Hopefully soon we will be done with diapers once and for all. This mama has changed a lot of diapers!! I miss reading blogs and checking on so many of you sweet creative friends. I have been drained. My mom came into town to surprise me at the last minute. It is so nice to have her here. She is able to entertain the kids and help out. So nice to just drink coffee and talk, we have a lot of catching up to do.
I am feeling grateful for having both my mom and mother and law to help this week. I keep picturing all the kids in the hospital where the certainty is not known, where surgery risks are much higher, where there may not be a end in sight. The feeling of surgery being performed and not knowing if everything is going to be okay. The reality of how hard life can be at times. The feeling of your child or other peoples children hurting breaks my heart. I hate to complain and I am so thankful little Drew is doing well. I am grateful for so much.

6 comments:

  1. I know that must be so hard to see him in pain! I hope he will feel much better once that heals....poor little guy! Lauren looks beautiful as always. I've been thinking alot about moms who have been at the hospitals month after month with their kids, not getting to see their other children (Kate McRae's mom comes to mind) and it really puts things in perspective for me when I feel compelled to complain. I can't imagine living that kind of life and it makes me so sad to see kids suffering. It's really hard to understand it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Drew starts getting better ASAP! It is so hard to see our kids in pain! You are doing a great job, Katie! I love having my mom visit, and my MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear Drew is having some troubles! I totally understand your "newborn" comparison--Landen is 6 1/2 months and STILL gets up. We should set up a chat time in the middle of the night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... poor little guy! I feel so bad for him, I hope he will start feeling better *really* soon. Lauren's dress is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl! I will be praying for Drew, I remember when we took B's tonsils out and I cried after she came out of surgery and ask myself "what have I done to my baby?" But this child is hardly ever sick and she is 17, best thing we ever did. But at that time I cried and question it. Give him lots of popcycles and a BIG hug, lots of luv and tell him he will get better! Keep us up to date on Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting on my blog!!! Yes, many similarities for sure and to top it off...this polka-dotted dress is the exact dress Avery wore on Easter! :) So funny! What an adorable family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...