Friday, March 5, 2010

Pretty new hutch





I needed something in this little area between my dinning room and kitchen. It is the butlers pantry what ever you need that for,lol. My house did not not have one built in but it was a option. We have lived in our house for over two years and I have not found anything that would go. I was at my favorite antique mall and I came across this. I though I was going to have to paint it but I cleaned it all up and used a stain to fill in scratches. It ended up looking really nice, and I love the color. So for now I think I am going to keep the nice wood color. It might change in the future. I added a few things inside to decorate it but that might change too. Just wanted to share my great find.
I really appreciate all your sweet comments. Blogging has been a great outlet for me. Just writing and meeting new people, I love it. I have meet some of the nicest people and have been able to keep family and friends up to date on our family. Each one of my faithful blog readers I consider a dear friend. Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

  1. very pretty and it has the perfect spot!

    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww -- well I like you too! :) I fell the same way about blogging, though - it's been a great source for me! :) That hutch is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Katie, it fits perfectly in that nook! I think it's just beautiful! A great find indeed!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was made for that spot! I love it and the way you decorated it too! I am so glad we met through blogging. Your blog is one of the first ones I started reading and I definitely consider you one of my best blogging buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow... that is SO pretty! I love what you put inside too. It looks like it was made for that spot! :) I am so glad to have 'met' you through blogging... my friend!
    ♥Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI, Katie, saw you over at Amy's blog & wanted to stop by. Thanks for reading me blog too. Love your new china cabinet, that's so cute. Reminds me of mine in my diningroom.

    I'm reading Beth's book & it is SO good. I think women of all ages can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece for that spot! It looks made to fit there. I like the wood color, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic spot for a such a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved hearing from you, and my style....ummmm, if I see something I like, I buy it :). I have no idea really, a total amatuer! Your blog is lovely here...nice to meet you! Hope to hear from you again sometime!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie,
    I am in love with your new hutch its perfect. What a terrific find for you. I really love your blog and those sweet miracles of yours. I wrote to you awhile back because I am adopted as well and so fell in love with your blog.

    Have a blessed weekend
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful piece and just perfect for that space! About the new shelf on my kitchen window ledge...it is a piece of wood found in the Lowes molding section that already has the edge rounded and finished. My husband had to cut it the right length and screw it down to the window sill. It was a very easy and cheap project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that beautiful hutch and that is the PERFECT space for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...