Friday, March 12, 2010

Have you seen this doll?


This picture is actually quite modest compared to her real self. I was at the store the other day and this beauty was staring right at me and I could not get over her. What I mean is that she has a dress that is split right down the middle to her belly button with her cleavage spilling out on both sides. I looked it up online because I could not believe it. The company respond to one moms letter was that these dolls were offered at a different price point and were for collectors. I think that is a excuse the doll was set on a shelf at 4ft high perfect for a little girl. It was more then tacky. I always loved Barbie when I was little, but this? I am going to defiantly be more picky when it comes to what dolls Lauren gets. They did just start making the black barbies have more black features so that is a good thing. They actually are much prettier dolls now and I really love the more exotic look they have. It is sad we live in a culture that sells what ever will make money not about morals or repercussions to our children.
Have a great weekend friends!! (:

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen that one yet, but yes, that is ridiculous. Why would a young girl want a Barbie with cleavage showing?!! Crazy!

    Hope you have a great weekend Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is absolutely ridiculous ... how awful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen this at the store... but I am going to look next time I am there. I can't believe you can actually see her cleavage... oh my gosh! I would have been embarrassed to have played with a doll like that!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so surprised at some of the dolls that are out there. What ever happened to sweet baby dolls? Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway and leaving such a nice comment. May your week ahead be filled with blessings.

    Michelee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...