Monday, March 15, 2010

A few picture with the kids and a good attitude!!































We took a few pictures last week. I think it has been about 6months since I have had a picture with all my kids. I think they turned out cute, totally candid but fun. I have no idea why the pictures loaded so weird??
Life is good right now!! I had a epiphany in the last couple weeks over Rob working out of town and working really hard the last couple years. I have done a lot of complaining. This stage in my life is really hard. I have three little kids and when he travels with work (not all the time, but frequent) I was really ungrateful and angry. I found myself complaining and not realizing what a awesome man I really have. I was listening to a christian radio show about how men need to know they are appreciated and that they work for their families to provide security. Then the woman complain that they are not secure because the husband works and is tired. Complicated human emotions aren't they? I know Rob is not selfish and I know he is working to provide for us. I was becoming so naggy about him not being home that I was making his work not enjoyable. I am so thankful and I feel ashamed that I felt so selfish. I really am going to have a good attitude about his job. The way the economy is I am thankful he has a job. It has been a bigger work load and not a lot of highs in the workforce the last couple years. I know he has enough stress I don't want to add more. I find that if you start to get negative it is really easy to stay there. Then everything is negative. I am not a negative person but I was feeling really worn out and then I started complaining more then ever. Anyway I am so thankful for a caring hard working husband. He told me that by me being supportive of his career and being happy to see him no matter what kind of day I have had has made him so happy. Although some days can be tough I know that we are working together on this. We adjust his schedule and he is available when I need him, we are doing better in this area. Just wanted to share how important a mind set can be. How easy you can let the enemy fill your mind with negative feelings. Also a big shout out to Military wives and single parents. How do you all do it? I am amazed by so many peoples strength. Just wanted to share what was on my mind (:. We are also reading the couples books For Men Only, For Woman Only. Explaining the differences between men and woman, very good. I will do a review on it soon.

15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. It is so hard to be a full time mommy when my husband is traveling. I often forget that he is just as exhausted as I am :) Great reminder.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that's definitely a message I've needed over and over again in my life. I've read the "for women only" book and it's incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love that book. It really helped me understand men so much better and what they need from us. You will enjoy the study! So glad you are feeling better. Staying home is hard, but priceless. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Eric and I are going to Cincy for our anniversary this year! Back to our old stomping grounds :) I totally agree with you. Being a Pastor's Wife sometimes means eating alone, putting Molly to bed alone, and just being alone. But Eric has a super important job and when I think about it, someone else's eternal salvation is more important than me eating alone! We are getting better also about scheduling time together, and family time. Yea for our hardworking husbands!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you get Lauren's shirt w/her initial on it? message me! I'm "lovetowrite" on the BCS boards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First....awesome Epiphany! I had one myself lately about my husbands work schedule. Funny how the Holy spirit brought us to the same conclusion.

    Second....raising children at home is tough, but soooo very worth it.

    Third....I loved the book "for women only". Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie! What a great message this post is! Sometimes it is easy to forget how how hard our husbands work because we're not there with them. And likewise, they don't always understand the extent of our day. It is just one of those we have to always be conscious of! Sometimes things just get tough, don't they?!?!

    Friday might just work....I'll let you know for sure, ok?

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing. Such a necessary reminder! We've been married for 13 years and we still need frequent reminders to rejoice in the blessing of our marriage. There's also a great book called Sheet Music

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so fortunate to have such a great man in your life and for him to be a provider! I wish all men were like yours!

    Kiss the children for me, they are so beautiful and I love keeping up with your blog! They are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a good attitude, even when it is hard to... especially when it is hard to... can really make all the difference. I haven't heard about these books, I am looking forward to your review. The pictures... as always... are adorable!! I love all the smiles! :)
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love those pictures!! I love Lauren's smile in the last one :) And it does my heart good to see her wearing my shirt/ponytail holders. It always makes my day to see that! She is growing up so fast! All of your kids are so precious!

    I think what you said is so true about our husbands working. I used to be SO cranky when Lily was a newborn and Morgan worked so much. It makes it hard b/c he works for his parents and I used to feel like, why don't they understand he needs to be home with me?! I felt like it was them against me. But, I've realized that's just the way Morgan is. He works until the job is done and for me to take him away from that only creates stress b/c he's not finished with what he needs to do. I never complain anymore, at least I try not to, b/c I'm so glad he works so hard.

    I've realized with him working nights and weekends on our church, just how hard it would be to be a single mom. I don't know how they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie ~ I have been saving for her a dress, I promised her in her senior year I would buy her a dress and not borrow like we have in previous years! So when it is time for a dress, email me and I will send you the dress! :) Someone else should get the use of it, more than once that is! Thanks so much for the sweet comment about me being a good mom, I try to raise her right, honest, determined for an education, Christian and say a lot of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katie, Sorry I didn't get back in touch with you about stopping by this morning, but my mom went into the hospital on Weds, and I've been really busy. We'll have to make it another day, ok? Sorry!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks so pretty. I am glad I read this today Katie. I complain about Gary working so much all the time. He works 7 days a week. On Sundays he works from 7 am to 11 pm. I do the exact same thing you do though. When he is home I complain about how long he has been gone. I am not nice and thankful. I am going to be kinder tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see what you mean about your daughter's height - you can really tell from these pictures that she is a long-legged girl! What a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...