Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Urn

I picked up this Urn at New Uses. It is the sister company of Plato's Closet, Once Upon A Child. I had never heard about it until I stopped about 9mo ago. It is defiantly hit or miss and it is not exactly cheap. Some of the furniture looks like your moms old furniture and they want $80 for a ugly nightstand. Anyway, I have picked a few things up from time to time. I found this Urn last night when I took the kids out since Rob had been out of town. It is solid!! I guess it is some sort of metal, I have no clue but it it is heavy. It probably weighs 15 pounds and is defiantly old. It could be worth something depending where it is from or age. It was $25 which I think is is a great deal considering how well made it is and it is huge. I love it and my first though was to put pumpkins in it in the fall to make a topiary effect. I want to use it now so I bought some sticks. Isn't that funny, to buy sticks? I wish I lived in more of a rural setting but no such luck. So off to Hobby Lobby I went. I want to add one more filler but they didn't have anything I liked so for now I have this fun spring garden arrangement.

A nest, artichokes, dried white things, feathers, a moss ball. I added my bunny on the side too. What would you do with it?

6 comments:

  1. It looks really nice.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the urn, and I really love what you did with it. I am not so great at throwing things like that together, so thank you for the inspiration photo! I especially love the artichokes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the urn, and I really love what you did with it. I am not so great at throwing things like that together, so thank you for the inspiration photo! I especially love the artichokes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up w/your love of urns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The urn looks perfect! I have some in my attic that I have been wanting to do something like that with, so thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...