Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lot's of snow

These picture are from a snow storm we had about a month ago but I thought they were fitting. On Friday we got about a foot of snow in Columbus. The kids love it and have already been out and have built a snowman. We have a small hill in our backyard and they love to go sledding down it, even daddy and mommy like it. Jaden was sick all day on Thursday and Friday and today he is much better. Unfortunately now I am sick with whatever he had, some sort of virus. With the snow storm we are pretty much stuck inside, but it is fun. The kids enjoy playing games and the Wii and I have Rob home to help. Hopefully tomorrow we will all be well enough to go to church. Speaking of church we have finally found our church home. We have been attending another church for about a yr not feeling like it was a fit but we liked it okay. When we first moved here we went to a baptist church that we liked okay but wanted to try some others. We made some friends there and remained friends with the associate pastor. Jaden has been playing Upward there and we have since reconnected with some people. We tried it last Sunday and it was awesome. They have changed so much and they built on a huge addition. There is so much for our kids, it is great fit. We are also getting involved with a small group right away and there is a place for us to serve. It felt like home. So that was a prayer request that was trying and there were some times we didn't know what God was trying to tell us. It all just fell into place. Hope you all have a nice weekend, stay warm.







5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like the kids *loved* the snow... who can blame them! :) Hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I love your parents home! Only one thing, they would have to leave all inside decor if I purchased the home! The long horns, wow, they look great above the door! There is something special about cowboys and cowgirls, it is a dieing breed and my dad, Bob Hurley (his son was a world chamption team roper) my uncle Dale all rodeo'd, I don't know anything else, is to love my girls (horses)! I went to college on a rodeo scholarship, it paid my way, and back in the early 80's, college was for people who had money! So I am so proud to have my degree and masters!

    Do you think your mom and dad will like the weather up north? Compared to New Mexico weather? I live in Arkansas, but desperately wanting to move to Texas to my family! I hope they get their home sold, it is beautiful and I HUGE....so western and so many are going back to the decor of the old days! IF I hear anyone moving out that way, I will forward your link you gave me!

    I love your children, I wonder if they know how special mom and dad they have? Your blog is addicting! :) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is a lot of snow!! Lauren looks adorable in all her pink!! Everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time. Hope you feel better quickly.

    So thrilled for you that you found the right Church "fit". ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful that you found a place where you feel like you belong now!!! I am so happy for you.....I know that was an answer to your prayers. Awesome!!

    Hope you're all feeling better soon!!

    I love that picture of Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snow pix...I especially love that little princess in pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...