Wednesday, February 3, 2010

complicated

Ever care to much or wonder what people think about you? Ever wonder what the first thing people think about when they think of you? Oh, she is really sweet, kind, compassionate. Or that person is so and so.. I think acceptance is so important with woman. Most woman just want to be loved for who they are. People are so much more complicated then I ever thought. The more I live my life the more hurt, pain and insecurities I see everywhere I look. I try and make it a point to go the extra mile for ever person I encounter. I always try and ask them how their day is etc..You would be surprised how many people open up if you bring the conversation. Many are hurting only putting on the mask like everything is okay. It means a lot to most people to show you care, even if you don't know them. I can think of times when I have had a bad day and someone will be extra nice to me out of the blue and it really puts a smile on my face.
As I was dreaming of summer and messing around with my camera. I got to thinking about how beautiful shells are. Then I though people are kind of like shells. They are beautiful and different on the outside but complex in the inside. You never really know what is going on in the inside because with a lot of people they are to afraid to show you the inside. My prayer is for woman to remove the shell and be themselves. To ask for prayer if you are hurting, to call a friend who cares, and not to be ashamed to ask for help. I pray this for all woman including myself. This was just on my heart and I wanted to share.

9 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful, Katie! You have been such a wonderful friend to me.

    You are so right. As women, we have the power to be there for other women, so we have to pull off those masks and make ourselves available as we are, and be a source of comfort to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth Moore just came out with a book along the lines of your post. It's called, So Long Insecurity. She is having on online book club starting next week. It looks like it'll be great! Anything Beth Moore has gotta be good.

    Little things do make all the difference.
    Melanie
    www.proverbs24twelve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is short. . . I say, put it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post Katie. I think you are a dear sweetheart and it is wonderful that you go out of your way to be nice to everyone. I find that even a smile goes a long way too with people you encounter. Most of the time you end up getting one back.

    Hope you are having a wonderful evening.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my sweet Katie. How lost I would have been without you during that really hard time in my life. IF you ever wonder why God had you in Greenwood for that time, it was for ME! Well probably Angela would argue for her too, but I am selfish. There was such a stigma of going to church on your own and not having a husband walking with the Lord. No one knew how to handle it and I was in so much pain. You helped so much. You listened when no one else would. You dont know how much that helped me survive during that time. You were the "hands and feet" of Jesus at that time. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off topic, but I'm doing a "spread the love" campaign this month, and I'm featuring your blog on mine in two days. I hope you'll check it out!
    http://shedabbles.blogspot.com/
    And please, participate with me! I'd love for your readers to learn about my blog and others' blogs, too! Sending you love! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! It's hard because as women we are supposed to have it all together and do it all, with no help. But clearly that is not possible, or how it should be! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, we are complicated and need acceptance, assurance and as I get older, I notice we get more unsure of ourselves! I do not know how I found your blog, but you have some of the best posts!

    I think that one reason is "time", we are working, outside the home and at home, raising a family.....we do not have "time" for ourselves, so we loose ourselves! It is so important that we take care of our bodies and mind! Can you tell I am a counselor? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shell image looks familiar... :)

    Hope you are doing well girl. Glad to know you know Tonia. She is such a SWEETHEART!

    Hugs...
    Angie
    www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog
    www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...